Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 4th Fleet..again  (Read 474 times)

Offline tdf42

• Members
4th Fleet..again
« on: February 26, 2016, 11:46:37 PM »
From what I have read is the approximate calculation for adding a 4th fleet for and airline of about 250 planes is to triple my current maintenance costs? So if my current costs are about 5M a week, figure 15M? Also  is the penalty based on the type of planes you fly?

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: 4th Fleet..again
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 12:25:45 AM »
Short answer....250 frames will be about a 2x jump, figure about $10 m a week im maintenance costs then. Problem is as you grow that bill grows exponentially so have an exit strategy!
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline tdf42

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 12:28:01 AM »
Thanks. My plan is to keep it at about 12 planes for the 4th fleet.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 01:35:19 AM »
It is not the size of the 4th fleet type that determines the penalty, but the total size of the fleet. A 12 plane 4th fleet is still a 4th fleet which will cause an exponential increase in maintenance across the fleet as the total fleet size grows.
CEO PacAir

Online Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 03:58:43 AM »
In this regard...hope you can help a newbie.

Given that I have 2 fleet types (Vickers Viscount + Connies) and I need to replace the old Connies sooner or later (which means having a 3rd Fleet Group for some time until the old Connies are eventually gone) --> What would be the probable costs for that 3rd Fleet Group? I am a rather small airline and wouldn't like it to be insanely costly.

Thanks,
André

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 04:51:34 AM »
For your 3rd group, there should be no penalty added to the other groups, just the cost of the new group. Once you hit 30 aircraft or so in a fleet type, the incremental cost of adding another aircraft  to any of the fleet types should be roughly the same. The first big penalty is from 3 types to 4 types, 4 to 5 is marginal, then 5 to 6 is another 100% jump. Each added type after that adds to the pain.

But short answer is types 1 to 3 should all cost you the minimum amount per frame, no penalty added.
CEO PacAir

Online Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 05:32:14 PM »
Thank you very much!!  :)

Offline tdf42

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 03:00:21 AM »
It is not the size of the 4th fleet type that determines the penalty, but the total size of the fleet. A 12 plane 4th fleet is still a 4th fleet which will cause an exponential increase in maintenance across the fleet as the total fleet size grows.
OK so you are saying that I can go to 20 or 25 on the 4th fleet but have to keep it under what number before it causes pain. i am at about 240 right now with the added 12.

Offline Kazari

• Members

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 03:52:12 AM »
It's the very fact that you HAVE a fourth fleet type that causes the maintenance and other costs to jump, not the number. You could have one plane and it would jump.

Offline tdf42

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 04:57:10 AM »
OK thanks.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.