Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: is this fair or just someone on the knife edge of cheating?  (Read 896 times)

Offline TheLostNZ

• Members
is this fair or just someone on the knife edge of cheating?
« on: February 20, 2016, 01:57:52 PM »
im set up down in NZ and there is another player who is flying planes to cover twice the demand on every single, and i mean every single domestic route in the country from increasingly every single airport in the country. im curious as to weather this is fair game, i dont think it is because they are almost making it impossible to move or grow in the area

Offline Mysil

• Members
Re: is this fair or just someone on the knife edge of cheating?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 02:27:39 PM »
There are several airlines in New Zealand, so it isn't one airline oversupplying, but many.

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »
And yes, that is a fair strategy in this game.

Offline TheLostNZ

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 03:08:39 PM »
There are several airlines in New Zealand, so it isn't one airline oversupplying, but many.

No this guy is flying 2 flights were only one is needed on every route.

Offline Mysil

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 04:13:32 PM »
I checked some of the routes, and it seems he supplies around 100 seats where there is max 80 supply. I don't see anything wrong with this, and to it myself frequently.

Offline mean123

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 07:29:04 PM »
Do the same. It's completely within the rules. If you do the same then you will take the same pax if you both have similar prices, CI, good times etc.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 08:02:30 AM »
This game is just full of players, and everyone tries to find some place, even where there is none. This situation is true on the whole game world, it seems. You have to be profitable with a low LF, one way or another.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 09:54:35 AM »
keep an eye on fuel. With these low lf's increasing fuel will wipe out some of the weaker ones and create more space for you

Offline Jintaru

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 07:31:18 AM »
I think the rule is a single airline cannot oversupply a route by double demand. There are some routes here in Europe that have 4-5 times capacity. To further back this up. I have gotten automated warnings when my 53 pax planes have oversupplied by some 22-23 pax routes.

Offline TerryMcKenna

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 11:06:55 AM »
NZ is also a tough place to play. 400 pax max AKL-WLG is far too low in all game worlds.
AirNZ and Jetstar operate over 20 flights per day using 180 seat A320s. Generally all pax figures for NZ need to be at least 4x what they are to even make this country playable.

Offline MASATA

• Members
    • visit DOSSIERLUXUS
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 08:05:48 AM »
NZ is also a tough place to play. 400 pax max AKL-WLG is far too low in all game worlds.
AirNZ and Jetstar operate over 20 flights per day using 180 seat A320s. Generally all pax figures for NZ need to be at least 4x what they are to even make this country playable.

NZ carriers should be open to Australia and vv for the game to be realistic. Naturally in NZ alone in this simulation is not enough to survive. Australian/NZ carriers should be allowed something like Qantas Mainline in Australia and Jetconnect in NZ. If europe is allowed open skies, why not Australia-NZ too?

The treaty in question is here http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/other/dfat/treaties/2003/18.html
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:10:18 AM by [ATA] MASATA »
CEO MASATA Global
Director of Global CEO Union Operations
1 Phantom Loop
Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
Australia

Certified Triple Diamond A+++ CEO
ISO 9000
ISO 22000

Offline TheLostNZ

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 08:32:46 AM »
and the fact that this agreement was signed in 1941 means it should be in it from the start, maybe its a programming issue, but yes, nz is under demanded, for instance, CHC to HKK has a 1900D fly 3 flights daily, and from a friend at the airport, they are all 80%+ full so thats at least 45 a day and max is only 20

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.