Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Demand GW2 48 pr hour year 1962 demand gw pr hour 49 year 2030...  (Read 481 times)

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Come on Sami, this world is screwed up, i understand the need to get more people to play, but its way to much, the game is being ruined by the changes.

Here we have game world 2, right now istanbul has 48 slots pr hour.

Here we then has Istanbul in current game world 3, year 2030 the last year of the game, 49 slots pr hour.

So the first game is just in its third year, while the other one now is 35 years old.
But the slots pr hour is already more or less the same.

LHR GW2 91 pr hour GW3 92 pr hour
Then we have Linate one of the most slot locked placed irl and should also be in game, in gw2 32 pr hour, in gw3 just 22..

The extra amount of slots and pax is way to big and is destroying the fun in the game...
Why be bored by start out early on when everyone later can come and take over when slots later on hit 100 pr hour...
And with current up to 1200 seats pr day to FRA from IST i will have to jam my incoming 721 up there 12 times a day to fill demand, or fly my current dc6bs around 16 times... in bloody 1962....

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:56:20 PM by [ATA] Sunbao »

Online JumboShrimp

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Demand GW2 48 pr hour year 1962 demand gw pr hour 49 year 2030...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:07:10 PM »
IST is (was) a slot constrained airport.  In theory, you could slot lock it to create a monopoly that way.

With slots not being a constraint, you will just have to outplay the competition.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 06:58:05 AM »
GW3 uses the standard slot amount settings, while in GW2 it is increased. (edit: actually to add, GW3 is currently the only long game with nearly standard slot amounts if I am right). I'd ask you, would you rather have it at 8 deps per hour and not able to expand one bit for the next 20 game years? Yea, I guess not. I'm sure the complaints would be very vocal if there were no slots, and now there is and it is also an issue, hmpf. If any possible scenario that is set up is wrong, then I cannot be of assistance anymore.

Refer to the game "welcome notes" posted in the announcements - this game world has modified settings in order to accommodate the (huge) interest this game world had prior to the launch. The settings and levels will slowly return towards normal levels. (edit 2: but this won't mean that the slot counts would go down, or would stay fully at one level for a very long time; at the end the overall setting is still higher than the "x1.0 standard")
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:06:17 AM by sami »

Offline LotusAirways

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 07:59:22 AM »
I'd ask you, would you rather have it at 8 deps per hour and not able to expand one bit for the next 20 game years? Yea, I guess not.

The answer is probably yes, it seems his initial game plan (see fleet, Aviation Traders ATL-90 Accountant Mk II) was to slot lock the airport in the first two years and essentially "dry" the opposition.

This slot-lock tactic was something that was finally stopped about one (real life) year ago, as it was possible to, for instance, to slot lock Heathrow, Haneda, Istanbul, etc. No more. Thank you Sami.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 08:12:37 AM »
What's wrong with the ATL-90? Sleek looking machine that is usually very well available, ref.DC-6 for example. ...never used either of those with my airlines, perhaps I should try.  :P

(Though I see the point, if that would have been the startup tactic then I would not like it either. But this isn't a single player "sit out" and the altered settings vere communicated already in the initial game annoucement.)

(edit: also, some airports are still bound to be slot restricted at some point..but just a bit later with these settings)

Offline aeropostale

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 09:24:08 AM »
on a slightly related note, was the Connie production re-start an automatic event or did sami push a button somewhere  :P

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 09:44:33 AM »
I got confused by Connie production too (I thought the production line was closed, one of the reasons I went with DC-6).  But it was never closed, Starliner was in production all the time.

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 10:03:55 AM »
The answer is probably yes, it seems his initial game plan (see fleet, Aviation Traders ATL-90 Accountant Mk II) was to slot lock the airport in the first two years and essentially "dry" the opposition.

This slot-lock tactic was something that was finally stopped about one (real life) year ago, as it was possible to, for instance, to slot lock Heathrow, Haneda, Istanbul, etc. No more. Thank you Sami.

Nah those planes has never been about slot locking if that was the case i har just ordred much more of them to do so as the demand on routes under 500 easy could take 40 more of them they was taken in to have something smalle to fly on routes under 500 nm as those routes not really has fittet well into my 7 day on dc6b

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 11:43:45 AM »
I got confused by Connie production too... thought the production line was closed... it was never closed, Starliner was in production all the time.

It was closed, but re-opened by Sami's magic.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 12:45:20 PM »
It was closed, but re-opened by Sami's magic.

It was supposed to be open from start (had to re-open it).

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 01:09:55 PM »
So to clear up: Demand will not grow as much as it would do in the 70's and other periods where growth would normally take place?

People base their strategies on this so it would be good to know if it will or won't

Ps, whatsup with the ridiculous marking next to my name. Am I some "untermensch" now I have been critical and direct for the past weeks?

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 01:24:59 PM »
What's wrong with the ATL-90? Sleek looking machine that is usually very well available, ref.DC-6 for example. ...never used either of those with my airlines, perhaps I should try.  :P

I love the ATL-90, only about 10% less efficient than the F.27 but half the price which makes up for it, no wait for deliveries, and you get 3 a month instead of 2 a month with the F.27. Plus you get the 28 seat variant in the same fleet group which allows you to serve more destinations than with the 48 seat F.27.

Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.