Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: More demand/slots, time to stretch AC limit?  (Read 988 times)

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
More demand/slots, time to stretch AC limit?
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:33:19 AM »
So after the game was started and many players based their start up strategy on experiences from the past, things were changed and demand was doubled while slots will be tripled.

How about stretching the aircraft limit for airlines with the increase of demand and slots?

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Re: More demand/slots, time to stretch AC limit?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 02:04:01 PM »
Yeah would be a good idea with demand insane high already in 61 it will make it impossible to cover more then one max two bases with only 600 planes.

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 01:02:35 PM »
i second that

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 01:39:06 PM »
Agreed. With demand pushing 3,000/day on LHR-JFK, for example, which means I expect that route to go to 12k a day, we are looking at a very high demand game. Another 200 planes able to be based out of HQ would be great considering the demand numbers.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Helix

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 01:48:38 PM »
Isn't the point to scale up demand/slots to accommodate more players? If we expand the limit for existing players to take exactly that space, then what is the point?

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 05:27:42 PM »
Understood. I agree that the game should be playable for anyone and welcome more new players.

What I also like is that fact that through different strategies, players can battle each other resulting in one airline harming another that makes a wrong move and ends up bankrupt. This allows other players to step in and creates the circle of life that makes the game so interesting.

While demand is scaled up massively, this merely increases the need for more planes, putting this world in extremely easy mode and will mean that its perfectly normal that there might be 10 players based out of a big airport who are have a small part of the cake. How will one airline go down because of stupid moves or heavy competition if there is room for all?

I honestly have little to no fun in this game and I really hope that demand won't grow as much as it will do in normal games because that will mean that routes will have 50k demand a day on them..... pretty unrealistic and NOT fun.

Offline Helix

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 06:09:53 PM »
What I also like is that fact that through different strategies, players can battle each other resulting in one airline harming another that makes a wrong move and ends up bankrupt. [...]How will one airline go down because of stupid moves or heavy competition if there is room for all?
I agree with this. I'd rather not have scaled up demand. What would have been fun IMO, is to scale up slots only to accommodate the higher number of players and leave demand as it is.

It would also be interesting to know in which way this upscale will be faded out. Keeping things static for a while until baseline resources match the corresponding year? Or will the two intersect over the next XX years...?

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 06:48:11 PM »
I am affraid it will follow the original growth rates which meant we will have extreme demands in the future years.... did anyone say sandbox?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 08:30:58 PM »
No plans to change the base airport rules from the standard in this game world.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »
$1 Trillion CV here I come!!  :laugh:
CEO PacAir

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 07:02:06 AM »
Realism < money for sami

Offline Helix

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »
Realism < money for sami

I don't think this is fair even as a joke.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 10:59:01 PM »
Obviously someone else thought the same about it.

I'm sure others do agree with me but i'm the one taking the blame here. Fine with me.
Let's see how the gameplay will develop and how we will feel about the game when we're halfway.

Offline lpopa93

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 03:16:24 AM »
The game is not hard, it's impossible to play. Heathrow has 0 slots available, and it's like this since mid 1961 (one and a half years after start). Slots cost 300-400k right at the beginning, I basically spent all the starting money on two aircraft and 4 routes. Then, I had to wait entire weeks to open a new route. Now, I am stuck, I can't open or modify any route. Moreover, my demand is constantly going down, even if my company image is 90 and my aircraft fleet is getting newer and newer. I am using jets on some routes that were flown with piston aircraft, and now most of the time the aircraft is parked, because I can't change the routes or fill the gaps...it's so annoying, I don't know why I am still playing. Too many players, big mistake from the admin.

Online LotusAirways

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 05:47:17 AM »
The game is not hard, it's impossible to play... Too many players, big mistake from the admin.

A similar case can be made with "too many players (9) in LHR, my mistake in opening in that airport, I should have opened in a less crowded airport."

My alliance colleague started with the same constraints as you, and he is doing rather well. The A-team player is also doing well. The Onesky player also. 

Offline Elladan

• Members

The 5 people who like this post:
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 07:31:47 AM »
The game is not hard, it's impossible to play. Heathrow has 0 slots available, and it's like this since mid 1961 (one and a half years after start). Slots cost 300-400k right at the beginning, I basically spent all the starting money on two aircraft and 4 routes. Then, I had to wait entire weeks to open a new route. Now, I am stuck, I can't open or modify any route. Moreover, my demand is constantly going down, even if my company image is 90 and my aircraft fleet is getting newer and newer. I am using jets on some routes that were flown with piston aircraft, and now most of the time the aircraft is parked, because I can't change the routes or fill the gaps...it's so annoying, I don't know why I am still playing. Too many players, big mistake from the admin.
Friend, you got yourself into arguably the most difficult place to start in this game, with the most cutthroat competition, insane slot prices and everyone else in the game trying to fly your routes - LHR is not for the faint hearted and it punishes lack of experience ruthlessly. And you wonder why you fail there. It's like if you somehow got yourself into an Olympic 100m sprint final and complained afterwards that you come last. Surely that Bolt fella was cheating like a hell, the whole thing was unfair and a big mistake on the organisers part...
The bottom line is don't run before you learn to walk, same here as everywhere else - start somewhere quiet, learn how to play, what works, what doesn't. Find a mentor, join an alliance and after say a couple longer games you may be ready to start in a top tier place.

Offline yearofthecactus

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 12:01:22 PM »
On Heathrow; it currently has 97 slots. Is that going to increase at anytime in the future, or is it now slot locked until 2030?

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 09:13:39 PM »
On Heathrow; it currently has 97 slots. Is that going to increase at anytime in the future, or is it now slot locked until 2030?

There will be more slots. Based on current numbers, I would be surprised if LHR tops out at less than 135 slots/hr. The problem is demand is very high and there are 9 airlines based at LHR watching the slot numbers very closely. For the time being, it will be very difficult to come by slots. Once an airline or two pull the pulg, LHR will have more slots to go around,
CEO PacAir

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.