Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: No used a/c to buy????  (Read 559 times)

Sgt_Hotcliff

• Former member
No used a/c to buy????
« on: February 03, 2016, 10:31:00 PM »
What is this for a kind of game sim??? I thought it had developed since I started..but now we are in the early 60's and we have started off with a few DC4's , then there where no such a/c to be found on the market, so I had to go buy a couple of CV440's and one Bristol Brittannia for longhaul.
But what happens now?.,,there are no a/c of these kinds to buy on the market!!!!
This really sucks!
My business is going into grind halt soon due to lack of a/c.
What is the meaning of this??
As it is now, it is a complete waste of time and money to sit here trying to build an airline business! ..it's hopeless!
 >:(

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:37:40 PM by Sgt_Hotcliff »

Sgt_Hotcliff

• Former member
Re: No used a/c to buy????
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 10:44:30 PM »
After a short while in this game, there is one airline in Ankara that have 95 a/c after this short game time!!!! What is wrong with this game???
We all start with the same amount of cash right?
How come, a f***ing airline in Ankara can have 95a/c operating when I have struggledvto get 5 running????
There is "something wrong im kartong" here!

I loose my interest definitely soon here..

Offline johndd1

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 01:52:53 AM »
There are a crap-ton of IL14s available on the UM, and almost no waiting period on the New market.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 08:32:25 AM »
If your current strategy does not work anymore, you've got to look at other strategies. Russian steel is crap(especially in the 60s), but it's available crap. And as long as you don't have too many fleet groups, they can be an valuable compliment to your fleet. As they allow you to open new routes when it's still landgrab time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:33:12 AM by gazzz0x2z »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 08:56:39 AM »
You may want to read the game's "welcome notes" before making posts with such "rage" tone. http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,62977.0.html

It is completely normal for the used market to have a limited supply of the most popular aircraft models at this stage of the game.

Here are some things to keep in mind when starting in the early era in this scenario:

• There are plenty of used aircraft available to begin with, but the used aircraft market will soon become limited and the popular aircraft types are sold/leased very quickly. Take care when picking the aircraft you plan to use. Used market has only propliners available, jets will appear there later when players order them and put up for sale (or bankrupt).

edit: Forgot to add, that I don't know what your fleet plan is but for example sourcing the (strangely popular) DC-6s from the used market is very hard. And I would simply choose some model that is currently available, and there are plenty of them. At the early stages of the game the costs levels are very low and the fleet commonality is not so important, so I would find it more important just to get some birds up in the air and then bit by bit replace them with more suitable equipment when the supply opens up more.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:12:53 AM by sami »

Offline [ATA] Lord Branson

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 12:21:06 PM »
I am managing to get plenty of aircraft, you are not trying hard enough!!!

Online wildavidson

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 12:23:51 PM »
I am managing to get plenty of aircraft, you are not trying hard enough!!!
haha

Offline Kadachiman

• Members

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 02:02:20 PM »
The same complaint comes up in all games at this stage of the game and it is a flawed argument, as it is your strategy that is wrong and not the game mechanics

600 players (approx) all starting up their airlines at the same time and the majority want the popular planes

example DC6B
2300 in use and 300 more in storage
this translates to approx 4 planes per player with another 0.5 plane per player available for future Used Market searches

It is easy to see why you can not get the 'popular' planes when you look at it this way, so you need to change your strategy especially if you are a player that has limited available time to sit online and hope for planes

You have to be very lucky to search the used market at the right time, but you can increase your luck if you have more time to commit to searching

If you are 'game time limited' or don't want to sit idle with no planes to put routes onto, then change your strategy
Go for the less popular planes and get the slots working for your airline...then....change to a more preferred plane at a later date

At the early stages of a long Game World it is more important to get birds into the air rather than worrying about what type of bird it is (which is exactly what Sami has already said)

Now this is not a 'go' at the OP....it is merely stating that players need to play a strategy that allows them to 'play' rather than sit back and get frustrated
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:04:34 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline [ATA] Lord Branson

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 11:51:23 PM »
The way popular aircraft drop in the early game is spot on, you have to be in a decent alliance and committed to gain decent aircraft, or be lucky and pick the odd one up.  As has been said before if you can't commit go for different aircraft type.

Do not get disheartened most of those long order lines will be broken as airlines bankrupt.  The used market will be completely flooded in the next year or so.  Don't give up at this early stage give it a chance!

Offline johndd1

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 02:32:09 AM »
I'm almost afraid to ask this likely newb question, but how does being in a "decent" alliance help one get better aircraft?

Offline hmellouli

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 03:28:07 AM »
I'm almost afraid to ask this likely newb question, but how does being in a "decent" alliance help one get better aircraft?

Don't wotrry that's a good question. Alliance members usually are connected to each other on various channels like Skype, whatsapp, or even text messages. Most alliances then have an alert set up for when there is an used market drop.

fp5461

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 04:11:58 AM »
In Phoenix alliance our members reserve slots for each other, which essentially puts a dozen or more pairs of eyes on the production lines.  Can't do better than that  8). Check us out if you're looking for a supportive alliance.

Offline johndd1

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 10:50:11 AM »
Ah, I see. Thanks. So apart from seperate dedicated communications, can alliance members sell to one another directly? I ask because I see in the forums from time to time people saying they're looking to buy "X" type. I assume someone who owns that particular type can then sell the aircraft, but is it negotiated directly or simply coordinated through the UM?

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 11:32:07 AM »

People then can cordinate slot checks, and buy new planes for each other.

fp5461

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »
Ah, I see. Thanks. So apart from seperate dedicated communications, can alliance members sell to one another directly? I ask because I see in the forums from time to time people saying they're looking to buy "X" type. I assume someone who owns that particular type can then sell the aircraft, but is it negotiated directly or simply coordinated through the UM?

Yes they can.  I just picked up a B-377 from one of my alliance members.  That's the best benefit of an alliance, in my opinion.

Offline johndd1

• Members
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 02:04:17 PM »
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll look I to alliance options going forward. Thanks again

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.