Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Trying to lease a plane that disappears  (Read 260 times)

Offline chuckles

• Members
Trying to lease a plane that disappears
« on: February 03, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »
Hi All,

Anyone else having this problem in GW2? I tried to lease a plane and am able to click lease and choose how long I would like to lease the plane for.  When I click confirm to lease the aircraft it says no such aircraft exists. 

Offline qwert5479

• Members
Re: Trying to lease a plane that disappears
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 12:41:56 PM »
Did you sit on that screen for a while before hitting the "lease" button?  I know that when you go to that page, it only holds the plane for 2 or 3 minutes....after that, anyone can take it. 

I'm using Constellations in GW2 right now and those things only last a couple minutes when they hit the market.  I've gone a whole week without seeing one for sale.  Finally found 2 tonight and was buzzing through the pages trying to lease them before they were gone.  Got lucky and snagged them both.

Offline Mr Yoda

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 02:04:10 PM »
This simply means someone else took it before you...

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 03:24:10 PM »
When you click "Lease" button, the aircraft is reserved for you for 3 minutes.  If you don't click "Confirm" in 3 minutes,  you lose the reservation, and someone else can lease it.

Apparently you clicked "Confirm" too late, and the aircraft was already leased by someone else.

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 03:51:00 PM »
Also, if you open a different window to the lease/buy screen, it will release all other holds that you have. Thus, for example -

1. Find 2 planes you want
2. Open both in a new window/tab
3. When first window opens, you have it reserved for you.
4. When second window opens, it becomes reserved for you, but your reservation drops on the first plane.
5. You go back to the first plane and can still lease/buy it, as long as noone else reserves/leases/buys it before you.
6. ....
7. Profit

Offline chuckles

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 01:16:10 PM »
Thanks for the replys.  I tried to click lease in less than 3 minutes, but I open multiple airplanes in multiple tabs, so that could be why I lost it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.