» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: L649A  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Vaeth

• Members
L649A
« on: February 03, 2016, 12:03:04 PM »
I will buy or lease 1 L649A ASAP.

Stupid leasing companies are storing 25% of all produced L649A, and I need one. Very much.

Online Air Azure [President and CEO]

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: L649A
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 01:42:57 PM »
There is a specific procedure to get this plane:

1. Search the queue.
2. Join the end of the queue.
3. Wait
 ;D

Online yearofthecactus

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 03:07:03 PM »
New players like myself who aren't online all the time and don't know all tricks to make money quickly don't find that helpful. 5 year waiting lists for planes we can afford to order only 5 of? No thank you.

If this is a game aimed solely at keeping the experienced players happy, people who know all the tricks then great, go for it.

I tried to join a few alliances this week, all of which said on their front page we're welcoming of new players willing to learn. Everyone rejected for different reasons, mainly that I didn't know anything. Hypocrites.

Was talking about this with someone in the alliance I did join. Ever wondered why the gameworlds start full and hemorrhage players midway through. It's because it's too difficult for small airlines and inexperienced players to make ends meat. Not suggesting unfair advantages or disadvantages for anyone, but if you can't keep people happy they won't stay.

I'll give the gameworld 1 week, but it'll be goodbye here. Not worth the time, effort and money

Offline AEVUM Airways

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 03:12:22 PM »
New players like myself who aren't online all the time and don't know all tricks to make money quickly don't find that helpful. 5 year waiting lists for planes we can afford to order only 5 of? No thank you.

If this is a game aimed solely at keeping the experienced players happy, people who know all the tricks then great, go for it.

I tried to join a few alliances this week, all of which said on their front page we're welcoming of new players willing to learn. Everyone rejected for different reasons, mainly that I didn't know anything. Hypocrites.

Was talking about this with someone in the alliance I did join. Ever wondered why the gameworlds start full and hemorrhage players midway through. It's because it's too difficult for small airlines and inexperienced players to make ends meat. Not suggesting unfair advantages or disadvantages for anyone, but if you can't keep people happy they won't stay.

I'll give the gameworld 1 week, but it'll be goodbye here. Not worth the time, effort and money

Hi there.  I'd be glad to offer some pointers and help you out.  There are quite a few ways to make ends meet, even against the big guys.  Just shoot me a message if you need something.  I am glad to help :D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:18:04 PM by SolarisAir »

Online Air Azure [President and CEO]

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 04:57:34 PM »

It takes time and patience to learn how the game works and how you can compete and build up an airline fast. Don't expect great results if you base in LHR, ATL etc if you are not online to much. Start small and meet bankruptcy a lot of times and you will learn. Game Worlds like this run for more than a year, so why give it only one week? Build your airline slowly and it will work...As for the planes: you have to wait for them, I have to wait for them, the number one Airline has to wait for them...what do you want?

Offline lpopa93

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 05:02:09 PM »
You are lucky, I still have to wait about a year for my first 707. Good used aircraft are also hard to be founf. I am severly bottlenecked, I was leading on LHR and now I am transporting less than half compared to the leading airline. I am online all the time, but I found it difficult to expand my fleet. I am hoping for better dsys, for the moment I am waiting for 6 707 which I will receive in the next three years...

Offline MASATA

• Members
    • visit DOSSIERLUXUS

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 05:35:42 PM »
You are lucky, I still have to wait about a year for my first 707. Good used aircraft are also hard to be founf. I am severly bottlenecked, I was leading on LHR and now I am transporting less than half compared to the leading airline. I am online all the time, but I found it difficult to expand my fleet. I am hoping for better dsys, for the moment I am waiting for 6 707 which I will receive in the next three years...

Looks like my new CVO is doing his job properly :P

[Serious mode] Everyone seems to pounce on the used market when the market refreshes, and everything is gone within the next 30 seconds. Good aircraft are naturally hard to find in these cases with no other solution. Any object with wings and can fly right now will earn cash as said by a famous AWS member. Why not explore a new fleet whilst waiting for your 707s? Maybe you'll like it! [/Serious mode]
CEO MASATA Global
Director of Global CEO Union Operations
1 Phantom Loop
Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
Australia

Certified Triple Diamond A+++ CEO
ISO 9000
ISO 22000

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 06:45:01 PM »

I was just writing about the self inflicted wounds of AWS, as far as the new aircraft market:
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,63257.0.html

Online yearofthecactus

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 06:58:20 PM »
On another note, I've been saving all my money for when the 727 was announced to pre-order. It came when I was out. An hour later, 3 GAME DAYS there is an order backlog of nearly 1000 and that's another 4 year wait.

How is it fair that being offline at a certain time puts your airline at a disadvantage like that.

Not giving it a week anymore, I'm leaving now. You have a very good game, but one that basically punishes you if you aren't online at certain times or contacts to get you so. How that is justifiable?

Honestly, it isn't.

Goodbye
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 07:04:34 PM by yearofthecactus »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 07:25:18 PM »
On another note, I've been saving all my money for when the 727 was announced to pre-order. It came when I was out. An hour later, 3 GAME DAYS there is an order backlog of nearly 1000 and that's another 4 year wait.

How is it fair that being offline at a certain time puts your airline at a disadvantage like that.

Not giving it a week anymore, I'm leaving now. You have a very good game, but one that basically punishes you if you aren't online at certain times or contacts to get you so. How that is justifiable?

Honestly, it isn't.

Goodbye

Keep an eye on the production line. It WILL expand in the next few game months (say, 3-9 months from now) and that will give you a shot at earlier deliveries....

Online yearofthecactus

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 07:31:14 PM »
Doesn't make any difference right now.

The more I think about it, the more irate I get. At the end of the day, this game seems to be several years old, yet the best way to make sure you get a shot at building your airline is... to have no life and be online at every moment.

Yeh, this game isn't for me. I'm leaving and won't be back. If you wondered why there's a problem with player retention and attracting new people, this is one of your problems. I loved this game for a week or two and wanted to learn. But I'm not going to be cheated out of money by playing something that isn't fun because it's rigged up so unfairly.

My last post on the matter, won't be online again to read any reply! Have fun.

Offline johndd1

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 07:36:36 PM »
As a brand new AWS player, I'm kind of enjoying trying to find under-sold types to utilize while I wait out the new market bonanza.

It's like: "Damn, I wanted to buy that type but I'm not waiting for X years to start getting it. What are my alternatives?"

Not sure I'm doing a good job, or not, but the strategy/research is interesting enough to keep me around a bit longer....

Different perceptions, I suppose.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 08:41:52 PM »
Doesn't make any difference right now.

The more I think about it, the more irate I get. At the end of the day, this game seems to be several years old, yet the best way to make sure you get a shot at building your airline is... to have no life and be online at every moment.

Yeh, this game isn't for me. I'm leaving and won't be back. If you wondered why there's a problem with player retention and attracting new people, this is one of your problems. I loved this game for a week or two and wanted to learn. But I'm not going to be cheated out of money by playing something that isn't fun because it's rigged up so unfairly.

My last post on the matter, won't be online again to read any reply! Have fun.

Just to let you know, this is the most difficult period of the entire game world.  Eventually, it passes, but it does not lessen you point: 

Why do we have this period, when the demand for aircraft outstrips the supply be factor of 4x?  Why do the players have to go through the period when the only way to grow is to sit in front of the computer 24/7, all chasing ever shrinking supply of used aircraft.  And at the same time the supply of new aircraft is so artificially constrained that it will take 5-7 years to catch up with demand.

There is a possible release valve to this, that can be easily open: Let the production rate increase to whatever it takes to keep new players from quitting out of frustration.

What happens when the production line increases, it opens new production slots.  Let's take the 727 production line.  As schro said, there will be an increase, that will open production slots not at the end, but also in the middle, say 1965.  It will happen, and if you are lucky, if you are in front of the computer, you can catch it.  But then, the production line hits its artificial cap, at which point, everybody is out of luck, come back sometimes late March, early April to continue playing  :)

Offline mean123

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 08:56:15 PM »
I agree that production rates should increase with demand however we have all been in the same situation as him and lots of us have not quit. It is a little spoilt brattish in my opinion. We are all in the same boat and after time he will learn the tricks to get aircraft a little faster. If you're not online at the right moment then bad luck, go to plan B. I find the over bearing whining there quite irritating. Yes it's difficult, yes it's frustrating but that's why there is a beginners world and countless threads with tips on how to help. Think of new strategies, maybe bk and start over with different base and different aircraft. Don't quit and whine. I work 9 hours a day 5 days a week plus travelling. It can be done. He's just a negative person imo

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 09:11:41 PM »
I agree that production rates should increase with demand however we have all been in the same situation as him and lots of us have not quit. It is a little spoilt brattish in my opinion. We are all in the same boat and after time he will learn the tricks to get aircraft a little faster. If you're not online at the right moment then bad luck, go to plan B. I find the over bearing whining there quite irritating. Yes it's difficult, yes it's frustrating but that's why there is a beginners world and countless threads with tips on how to help. Think of new strategies, maybe bk and start over with different base and different aircraft. Don't quit and whine. I work 9 hours a day 5 days a week plus travelling. It can be done. He's just a negative person imo

I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, especially in such a long running game world as GW2.

But I think it is good for AWS to grow its player base, and there is not really a good reason to have a situation when you have 600 players who want to play, a ton of demand, and no aircraft.  The aircraft that's out there can meet maybe 25%-30% of world demand, and you have 600 players all chasing it.

I have been on both ends, being #1 in aircraft in service, and #490, where I am now, but I always keep suggesting ways to make it easier to keep new players, not to lose them because of utter frustration, that is completely unnecessary.  Be it lack of aircraft early in game worlds or new player targeting by incumbent airlines.

johndd1's post may be bratty and loud, but there may be 10s or 100s who face the same frustration, but never post on the boards.  Many of them may just quietly quit.

Offline johndd1

• Members

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 09:38:31 PM »

johndd1's post may be bratty and loud, but there may be 10s or 100s who face the same frustration, but never post on the boards.  Many of them may just quietly quit.

I'm sure you're confusing my post? :-[

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 09:42:46 PM »
I'm sure you're confusing my post? :-[

Yes, sorry  :-[

I meant yearofthecactus  :)

Offline chiveicrook

• Members

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 10:01:32 PM »
I'm not a new player but I rarely play and spend only a little time on-line. Still I managed to easily grab some DC-6es (7 of them) early on (one of the most popular models if not THE most popular early in the game) which allowed me to afford lots of Il-18s which facilitate my growth (only 2-3 months waiting time right at the start). I think a lot of new players just try to jump the bandwagon and start at big airports and order the most popular models. It's extremely easy to have a successful airline at a 2nd tier airport utilizing less popular planes. Lots of unpopular Soviet or other niche planes guarantee decent profit margins. If you can't compete at LHR - find your niche. It is difficult to start long-haul airline at a major airport but starting small and growing big from a 2nd tier is definitely possible and enjoyable.

I'd risk saying that pre-1980 it's extremely easy to start. Fuel prices are low enough that even the most ridiculous gas-guzzlers are profitable and allow growth. Even now, when the used market offers mainly C-46es and similar aircraft. Some of my most successful airlines started with dozens of C-46es - I simply waited for a good opportunity to grab planes I wanted.

I understand the frustration of experienced players however, randomness is never satisfying. Introducing auction system on the used market or something similar with delayed sales of aircraft based on bids could solve that.

Offline hmellouli

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 06:16:30 AM »
a couple things:

- as a background, I work on the fleet finance team of a major airline. I've played this simulation on and off since 2009 i think.
- in any sort of game or simulation, experience makes you a much more effective participant. in that sense, being able to learn and figure out alternative solutions is part of the experience.
- besides beginner world allowing new players a chance to get their hands dirty, it is always a good idea to start at an easier airport where there is some healthy demand and less competition.
- It is always a good idea to plan well in advance. in the real world, fleet decisions are incredibly long term decisions. that isn't so different here.
- the AWS community is incredibly helpful, even though it is very competitive.
- most of us are adults with pretty busy jobs, and pretty much use this game as intellectual and creative outlet. we're not on this 24hrs a days. sometime i'm able to sneak in a few minutes between meetings, but otherwise i do everything while I'm getting ready to go to bed!
- a few of the people positing on this topic started late, or are new, and they have been able to get their aircraft of choice. it's about timing and perseverance.
- preferred aircraft and airports usually get filled fast, that is why thy are popular. in real life, if you ordered a 787 today, you won't pick it up until 2021 or so, because it is a very popular model.
- just like new players, many of the experienced players are also having fleet struggles, including myself. the key here is to be able to adapt your strategy to the various hurdles.
- being able to workaround various hurdles is the fun of this game. otherwise this would be a dull experience.
- this game certainly has flaws that many of us have been screaming about for years. however things take time to develop. I don't know how much resources sami has allocated, but i know he's doing his best.

Bottom line: Have a strategy, have several back up plans, be patient, and ask for help.

Offline ManAtTheBack

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 07:10:12 AM »
This is my first time in the full game after some time in Beginners World.

After assembling a small fleet of used props, I was looking to move to new jets and got 5 DC8's without issue and was looking to get a few more before developing a fleet of 727s. 

As I work I cannot be on the game continuously waiting for aircraft to become available.  So I was surprised to see the 727 go from not launched to an 8 year delivery time over 1 realtime day.  Even the DC8 has a 5 year delivery time and there are no prop used aircraft to be found. 

Overall, at this point disappointing. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.