Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: I love Previews.  (Read 353 times)

Offline Captim

• Members
I love Previews.
« on: February 02, 2016, 10:51:47 PM »
Please. Just throw a serious new GW feature in there. Warn us that it might be unbalanced if necessary. Every GW is unbalanced in various ways...!

I have serious worries that there is a clique of test players enjoying and 'perfecting' an advanced game behind the game that we pay for.

Too long. Introduce a serious update please, step it into new GW's and  mod as necessary. Just stop giving us a new flower garden when the house is in need of major improvement.

Lovely game, but i've been here almost four years and every change alters the gameplay by a tiny amount. So many good ideas have been raised and yet the game remains virtually identical to what I began with ( code is code - show me a meaningful feature )

Be bold. I want to play, I want this game to grow.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:40:49 AM by Captim »

Offline Cardinal

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: I love Previews.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:48:47 AM »
I have serious worries that there is a clique of test players enjoying and 'perfecting' an advanced game behind the game that we pay for.

The cargo beta was advertised publicly. Anyone who wasn't brand new to AWS could sign up to be in the test group.

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,60744.msg350669.html#msg350669

And the beta game isn't all that advanced. We're not even testing the city-based pax demand, just cargo and it's still very much a work in progress. The testers are mostly looking for bugs in the interface and errors in the data (demand and/or aircraft performance).

Offline Captim

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 01:22:34 AM »
The cargo beta was advertised publicly. Anyone who wasn't brand new to AWS could sign up to be in the test group.

Sure. I was mentoring mentoring to build the player base. Without gratis.

And the beta game isn't all that advanced. We're not even testing the city-based pax demand, just cargo and it's still very much a work in progress. The testers are mostly looking for bugs in the interface and errors in the data (demand and/or aircraft performance).

Ok, then how long is this beta? Two issues, cargo or city based demand. Pick one, nail it, release it.

All we're asking for

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 10:49:26 AM »
Well, we beta-testers(it's my first one, I missed the previous one for lack of time) have no impact upon the release date. We're looking for bugs, or unbalances, and signal them. We notice some gameplay choices, though I'm not sure I'm allowed to speak more in detail about them before it's public.

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 05:30:18 PM »
Beta games get announced once in a while. I think I've been in four or so and all have been publicly announced...
Philosophy here is to get it right. Not fast

Ok, then how long is this beta? Two issues, cargo or city based demand. Pick one, nail it, release it.

All we're asking for

As can be read in the most recent preview, citybased demand will be the base for all demand in the game, cargo and passenger.
Therefore Cargo will be using this new model instead of the current "airport based demand", to avoid having to recode cargo once passenger CBD comes online.

Cheers,

NC

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.