Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What's the rule on checking slots for routes  (Read 222 times)

Online spiff23

• Members
What's the rule on checking slots for routes
« on: February 02, 2016, 05:16:27 AM »
I know there's some rule on this.  I'm in the trap of clicking the slot icon too much with the various warnings when trying to open routes.   Unfortunately I'm at an airport where slots are already running out so now the only way to check is to try 5 minute increments to see if the hour = 0 or perhaps 7:45 is the magical time with 7 daily slots remaining....this seems more taxing on the system then just showing the hour's slot map when trying to open a route...otherwise why even have the airport slot icon by the airports when you are on the open routes page if it's too burdensome on the system?

Anyone recall what 'abuse' this warning was supposed to solve? :-\ (annoyed whining over >:()

Anyone know what the waiting period is between checks?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:19:13 AM by spiff23 »

Offline Helix

• Members
Re: What's the rule on checking slots for routes
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 05:41:41 AM »
Anyone recall what 'abuse' this warning was supposed to solve?
It's supposed to lock out people who excessively try to get themselves slots by pressing F5 all day long or have scripts doing that.

Anyone know what the waiting period is between checks?
I hear its supposed to be 10 minutes but the waiting period gets longer if you keep checking before the lock out is over. The warning message however still shows 10 minutes annoying the "power users"

Online spiff23

• Members
Re: What's the rule on checking slots for routes
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 04:57:39 PM »
thanks for clarifying...we'll I'm definitely not an F5 user as I'm not even sure how that would help you, but when you log on in bursts and then try to schedule 2 or 3 planes within in a 10-15 minute period it definitely gets you...and then sends these rather stern warnings. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.