Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Safari Performance Issues  (Read 637 times)

Online N54E90

• Members
Safari Performance Issues
« on: February 01, 2016, 12:15:05 PM »
I have been experiencing issues with Safari for the last couple of weeks. The main problem is in the scheduling or route planning screen. For example, in route planning, I will select a departure airport, select a world region and then filter by distance. When I hit view airports the screen just sits on loading. Scheduling aircraft and creating seating configurations causes the same problem. I do not have the same problems if I use Chrome. Not sure if this is something others have reported, if it is just my computer or if it is something you are aware of, but wanted to bring it to your attention.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:55:06 AM by sami »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Safari Performance Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »
Safari as in Mac, or iPad?

Nothing has changed on those pages for a while, so shouldn't be an issue at our end.

Online N54E90

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 12:02:01 AM »
On Mac. Have no issues on iOS.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 08:26:59 PM »
Really no other reports on this, and nobody else has reported any issues.

Previously for example I've heard that Skype browser add-ons have caused issues since it thinks everything is a tel.number.

Offline blahmeh14

• Members
Re: [-] Safari Performance Issues
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 04:12:59 AM »
To provide another testimony :P, I use safari and also have the problems described in the first post. I found that clicking the button a second time or changing something (ex. the departure time dropdown, etc) behind the stuck loading screen usually does the trick and gets you past the problem. But, occasionally I just have to reload the page when it is completely blank and options disappear. For a data point: I also don't have any Skype browser add-ons.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:31:58 AM by blahmeh14 »

Online Roope

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 12:57:56 PM »
And another testimony - I've experienced precisely the kind of problems described in the earlier messages. Although, i'm using safari on the iPad. No Skype add-ons.

Like blahmeh14, i've been able to work around the problem by changing something. But not always.

Offline hmellouli

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 05:04:56 AM »
I'm going to add my voice here as well. this happens frequently. the way for me to resolve it is for me to click on something else (another minute interval in the time dropdown, for example).

Other examples:

- click confirm, page stalls, click confirm again, it works.
- select route to open, confiem, page stalls before i click again to proceed to the route settings page.
- this happens to a lot of pages where there is a filter (route or aircraft page)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 06:55:50 AM »
I don't have the possibility to test with desktop Mac but iPad is here.. If you can be more specific on how the problem happens (on ipad?) and I can check it out later.

Online Roope

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 06:08:14 PM »
This is what happened to me just now on the iPad.

When trying to move from 'scheduling' page 4 to page 3, the screen sits on loading and nothing else happens.
This time i got past it by simply selecting page 3 again, and it worked ok. Other times it simply won't respond and I need to reload the scheduling page which will take me to page 1 of scheduling.

Offline wapp11

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 02:58:24 PM »
I'm going to add my voice here as well. this happens frequently. the way for me to resolve it is for me to click on something else (another minute interval in the time dropdown, for example).

Other examples:

- click confirm, page stalls, click confirm again, it works.
- select route to open, confiem, page stalls before i click again to proceed to the route settings page.
- this happens to a lot of pages where there is a filter (route or aircraft page)

I didn't say anything... just started using Chrome strictly for AWS.  I guess I'll say something now... same experiences as what everyone else is saying.  No Skype add ons.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 09:47:09 AM »
Testing and seeing the same with iPad..

So the main issue is with these pages that have dynamic content loading in them like used market listing and goes like this:

1) open used market page; opens normally
2) search something - confirm; works normally
3) search something again - confirm; does not work every time?

...or?

This might be my 3g connection too or something else.. Since this does not happen even nearly every time, so I would suspect this is a browser issue more than site issue.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:52:11 AM by sami »

Offline jotagrande

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 03:46:25 AM »
I've had/still have problems as the others have described using safari on iPhone a few months ago. It became a frequent problem, more than 50% of the time. I got a notification about updates for the phone, including for the browser, so when I eventually did the update things worked much smoother.

I still have this issue, almost every time I do something on AWS other than just having a look, but much, much less frequently. Sometimes, like others have described, clicking the button again or making a change elsewhere fixes it. If that doesn't work I click the X top right corner to stop the page loading and hit Dashboard, Dashboard, which sometimes stalls a bit but usually loads, then I go back to what I was originally doing. If that doesn't work I need to close the game, close safari, turn my internet off then back on again, open safari, get back into AWS and all seems to be fine.

I have noticed it's more likely to happen when I'm checking things before making a change, where I'm using the browser back button, sometimes clicking on things quickly, sometimes before the page fully loads.

I think Sami is right that this is a browser issue, based on my experiences.

Offline lpopa93

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 10:46:46 AM »
I have the same problem with Safari, but I just learned to cope with it. Basically, when the script has to load something it just sits like that and no matter how long you wait, it just keeps loading. Examples:
-when you change the time of departure of a new route it keeps loading, while loading, you can still select another time of departure, and then it will work
-when you choose an aircraft type on new routes, again, keeps loading; let's say you choose 737-600, and it just loads, while loading, you select 737-700, and 737-700 will become the option; then you can select again 737-600, now it works
-when you try to select or load a list of airports to open a new route to
-when you create a new seat configuration (e.g. you choose standard business seat, screen disappears, background still shows, and it keeps loading)

Basically, when you can still select another option, it's fine, but sometimes a blank screen (background only) comes up, and then you have to refresh and start again.

Offline lpopa93

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 10:48:05 AM »
Never had problems on my phone, only on MacBook...

Offline Mykita

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 06:28:32 PM »
I have the same problem. Especially annoying when you´re buying an a/c and need to reload and then someone else gets it :(

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 12:11:13 PM »
Been testing this and this is most likely a browser issue that only happens every now and then since it is not repeatable.

For example:
1) Open used aircraft page, page loads normally.
2) Choose for example filter A320 fleet.
3) Press search -> page loads normally
4) Choose some other fleet as filter
5) Search -> page does not load
6) Choose some other fleet
7) Search -> page loads normally

etc.

So none of the selections the user makes has any difference and if the page stalled with some filters, it won't do the same later on even with the same choices. So really not repeatable...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.