Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Slot page ban  (Read 305 times)

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
[-] Slot page ban
« on: January 31, 2016, 01:09:27 PM »
Recurring problem....

Haven't checked the slots page for over 20 minutes, but i am still banned.....

Is it an idea to remove this or increase the triggering. I have not intensely monitored or refrshed the page, but when making routes, especially a 7 day schedule, one will have to look at the slots page (when most are gone...)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:36:54 PM by sami »

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
Re: Slot page ban
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 01:29:11 PM »
So I took at break at 1414 and returned at 14:28. Is it me or doesn't the system know what 10 minutes are?

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Slot page ban
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 01:36:37 PM »
The more you load it over and over, the more the system sees you trying to "abuse" it. So just take a bit longer break and it'll reset.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: [-] Slot page ban
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 01:42:53 PM »
What a bunch of crap. Maybe you should think of changing the system.... or show me how much I can use it just like the UM.

For now, I have about an hour of no idea how much slots can be used.... How about making 10 minutes 10 minutes and not some vague definition that is decided by "the system"

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 01:53:37 PM »
I've had to wait 12 HOURS to get back into the slot page. Gone to bed, woke up, drove to work still locked out. 10 minutes turned into more than 1200 minutes. I'm all for preventing abuse of the slot page, but the system is way over the top.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »
Went to the pool, worked out, biked home. At least 2 hours between not logging in.
Luckily I have some alliance friends that checked the slots page. A drop ofcourse...

Sami, fix this ridiculous system. Seriously.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 09:56:29 PM »
yes, the slot system is one area that needs improvement but despite of discussions in the feature rq forum (see thread "slots, final solution" for example) in my mind there really hasn't been any suitable long-term solutions yet similar to the used market call system (which too is easily passed by alliance co-operation in order to preserve the calls, if one would feel like it - so not perfect either...). Please post any proper & constructive ideas to that thread in the feature forums to save them for later....

Slot quota per airline per time is one possibility but might be restrictive (not a total quota, but a quota how much one can get them in certain time...). The whole first come first served system is also a problem but any auction type thing is too complicated. More slots is always the answer but not very realistic. Airports will expand in the future too but that is a slower system. New demand systems will help but they will probably shift the slot issues to new airports instead of the ye'olde LHR etc. (but in any case a new slot system is not on the main to-do list at all for now, other more important things to improve)

edit: oh, also. The airports -> slots page "locked" error message does not say anything about it being available after 10 minutes..(?) (it previously did but the wording was changed already a long time ago)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:03:27 PM by sami »

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 01:15:40 PM »
Sorry for that then, Sami. I have not seen that lock page in quite a while (maybe 7-8 months? Or longer?) so I didn't realize the wording changed. Still, the ban is way too extreme. Some sort of a countdown so the user can see how long he/she has to wait, or a flat time period ban that is clearly displayed is fair (even if it is longer than 10 minutes). The fact of the matter is, though, by locking a player out of that page you essentially make it near impossible to play if at a slot constrained airport. IMO it is a sure fire way to drive the casual player to another sim. Most of the measures in place to prevent abuse work well, are fair, and are clearly labeled so there is no confusion, but the slot page lock, even if it does not say "10 minutes" any more, is still an unclear, confusing, and highly frustrating measure that is in dire need of improvement.
CEO PacAir

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 04:39:41 PM »

Error: Constantly reloading this page is not allowed.

The airport slots are refreshed on random intervals. Reloading the page every few seconds (or continuously throughout the hour) is not allowed. Your access to this page has exceeded the limit threshold and you cannot load this page now - please try again later.

Remember that using any automated reloader softwares (or similar systems) is forbidden in the Terms of Service.

Please refrain from constantly reloading this page - if the reloading (manual or automatic) is frequent and continuous the account may be temporarily suspended. This action is logged and viewable by administration.

Access to this page is blocked for a limited time - please try again later (if you still receive this error, then please take a longer break before visiting this page again).

Yeah, this has to stop. I have been awake since 5am local (6 1/2 hours) and I have loaded the LHR page about a dozen times during that span. The click that caused the error was the first IN MORE THAN AN HOUR which is far from excessive.....Although part of the problem is the ongoing issue with Chrome and charts. "Chart type not supported" = reload page to make it work.

Edit: And that apparently earns more than an hour block from the slots page....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:46:48 PM by ZombieSlayer »
CEO PacAir

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 09:33:58 PM »
up

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 09:36:20 PM »
Checked back a couple times...now at 5+ hours....
CEO PacAir

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 11:56:40 PM »
It has been 2 1/2 hours since last attempt to view slot page, still locked now after 8 hours.
CEO PacAir

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 01:19:32 AM »
2015 local, almost 9 hours later, clicked "LHR" and got the hourly slots to show up istead of "n/a", clicked "slots" and locked out again. Really?!
CEO PacAir

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.