Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Raising salaries problem  (Read 150 times)

Offline mean123

• Members
[ok] Raising salaries problem
« on: January 30, 2016, 04:36:52 PM »
Hi,

GW2
Euro Air

Pressed personell office then When I try to raise the salaries of everyone all together, all groups then I chose raise salaries then I chose 1% and pressed set, then when I pressed save it gave me a warning message saying are you sure you want to lower salaries as it will effect company image. I am pressing raise salaries so I shouldn't get a lowering salaries warning.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:58:41 PM by sami »

Offline mean123

• Members
Re: Raising salaries problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 05:01:51 PM »
I raised the salaries one percent and the next page told me I lowered everyone's salary but somehow raised the pilots salary and now my staff have got extremely unhappy and will just make my punctuality worse. I'm pretty upset

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 05:15:45 PM »
If you use the quick selection tools, make sure you have not manually made other changes to the salaries first. So if you first set a salary to 1000(but do not save) and right after choose to increase by 1%, it will use this modified value as the base.

So if it said even the confirmation that are you sure to LOWER the salaries (and it was accepted...) then it is most probably some wrong selection from you and not a system error. Though it is difficult to tell exactly what was done as I cannot naturally see the selections or the process afterwards... Bit the normal "rise all by xx%" selection works ok, just tested.

Offline mean123

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 05:21:01 PM »
Yes I refreshed it over 5 times and still the same so I left it and looked at other things then went back and I was getting the same problem. Then I just did it again raise all salaries by 1% and it raised 4 groups but left all others unchanged. It's very strange. I am now spending around 60k a week more to have the same overall morale as when started as when I did it it dropped very low. I will now need to pay more than suggested to raise it more in order to stop delays :(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 05:24:30 PM »
Have to see if I can find a backup and see what the staff status was before this. When (game date) did you make the change?

Offline mean123

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 05:28:48 PM »
Thanks. It was on the 14th or 15th March. Thank you

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 08:52:50 PM »
Backup from 13.00 local time today, you posted at 18.30 local time. Game date is 1960-02-26.

Went to Staff page, Quick management tool: Selected "All groups" to staff group selector, then selected "Raise salaries by" to action and selected 1%. Pressed 'set', and save. Worked normally. Though the 1% difference was so small that added with the roundings, it really did not affect that many groups.

(salaries are rounded to nearest $10 and 1% more to $400 is only $4 so it does not make any changes)

=> Can't see anything wrong ..

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 01:58:37 PM »
If you saw the salaries going down due to the 1% increase, while I cannot replicate that, I suspect it may be some combination of rounding of the figures. Added a checker for that too now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.