Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft too Small for Route  (Read 221 times)

Offline Shmant

• Members
Aircraft too Small for Route
« on: January 28, 2016, 08:38:48 PM »
I am getting some Saab 2000s, which normally have a range of 830NM with high density seating at 58 pax. I got these planes re-fitted with 45 Premium Economy Seats and the range increases to 1300NM.
Just wondering about when I'm creating routes that are around 800NM and over - when I select the Saab 2000 as my aircraft choice, a box comes up saying:
This aircraft type may be too small for this route. Passengers prefer to fly long routes with larger aircraft types and if you choose this aircraft type to this route you may not be able to attract all of the passenger demand.
Looking at the wording, it says the aircraft may be too small. Is that assuming I have high-density seating, as I know that a high-density configuration on a small aircraft and long flight would definitely be very uncomfortable for me, but since I changed the seating to premium, can I ignore this message and still attract lots of passengers?

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Aircraft too Small for Route
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 08:46:36 PM »
Depends on how inappropriate for the route it is, total demand on the route and your competition. If you're looking at 100 demand, 45 seats offered and no competition, you can probably fill the plane up until it's totally too small for the route. Too small for the route is a function of 1. Demand and 2. Average DEFAULT seat count in a fleet. Therefore, you as a player cannot alter how appropriate a type is.

Now if the type is 99% appropriate, yo'ull get the same too small warning as 1% appropriate, but the effects of tickets sold will be vastly different (i.e. at 99%, it's not a big deal, but at 1%, you'll fly empty).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 08:48:57 PM »
The warning text is the same for all planes. It does not (currently) specify how "poor" the plane is for the route, so the actual value factor isn't shown (so there may be a 1% penalty or 50%); would need to improve it at some point .. This warning does not differentiate the seat config since it naturally won't know what the final assigned plane and its seat config will be.

But a 800nm route with a small turboprop is already quite a stretch. Try it out and see how it works out..

Offline Shmant

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 09:46:42 PM »
OK, thanks guys

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 02:39:21 PM »
(.../...) at 1%, you'll fly empty.

Been there, done that. Add a tech stop. Stir. then replace your 70-seater by a 130-seater that does not need tech stop. oh, miracle! LF went up from 20% to 98%.....

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.