Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Returning Player - Tips for Preparing for New Game?  (Read 238 times)

Comrade_Pike

• Former member
Returning Player - Tips for Preparing for New Game?
« on: January 21, 2016, 08:51:03 PM »
Hi guys,

After a many year hiatus, I'm planning to come back to the game for the game world kicking off next week.  Curious about how much the game has changed?  In the old days, one of the best startup methods was leasing a ton of old 747's and running the short little domestic routes in Japan.  Not sure if that's viable still, but wondering what I need to know in order to be at least semi-prepared for the new game.  Is there any better way of looking at route demand from city to city ahead of time for the purposes of choosing a base city?  I did see a post or two here that appears to indicate that flying small planes is now feasible?  Any new tips about advertising, route planning etc?

Sorry to ask a ton of questions out of the gate, but I'd love to hit the ground running next week.  Thanks all!!!

Pike

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Returning Player - Tips for Preparing for New Game?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 09:08:30 PM »
RI now has a big impact on opening new routes. When you first start out, RI=0 means you can't sell more than 20-30% of the estimated demand, period, until RI increases a good bit. Second, game worlds have a few year ramp up of demand to the normalized levels - i.e. demand will roughly double over the first few years of the game. Both of which are to slow down the initial explosive growth.. thus, a 747 would need to be placed on a route with a demand of at least 1200-1500 in order to get filled right at the game start....

I see you're in beginners world - you can look at the route demands there to get a feel for the nature of the demand between cities - my guess is the new world will be generally higher due to the higher number of players (though, demand is fairly low in 1960 to start with).

Comrade_Pike

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 10:32:27 PM »
Thanks for that info Schro.  By chance has an easier way been developed to study demand between city pairs?  Or do you still get to do it the 'fun' way of checking one by one?

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 12:50:55 AM »
Thanks for that info Schro.  By chance has an easier way been developed to study demand between city pairs?  Or do you still get to do it the 'fun' way of checking one by one?

Still the fun way :P

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.