Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Transported passengers and company image suddenly gone down  (Read 291 times)

Offline lpopa93

• Members
Transported passengers and company image suddenly gone down
« on: January 20, 2016, 05:45:11 PM »
In the last two weeks the number of transported passengers suddenly dropped from 1,082,000 to 970,000, and the comapny image has gone down from 100 to 99.1. I don't understand why this happened, in the thir week the number of transported passengers came back to normal. Until now I only experienced steady increase or minor decrease, but not more than 0.5%. Company image has been 100 for years, and Everybody knows how hard is to keep it at 100. What could have affected these? Punctuality and cancellations are the same, the only thing that I did was ordering 120 new aircraft, with 3 new fleet types. I wanted to see how this affects the company, as it is the las year in beggniners world, and I think experimenting is essential.

Offline mean123

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Transported passengers and company image suddenly gone down
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 06:37:05 PM »
There were strikes in Germany last week and the week before there were issues in Italy so if you fly a lot to those countries which I have seen that you do then you would have a drop in passengers transported. And because of the delays that the Italian flight chaos caused that could have slightly brought down your company image until it rectified itself. I think that's the most likely scenario. :)

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 07:49:48 PM »
There were strikes in Germany last week and the week before there were issues in Italy so if you fly a lot to those countries which I have seen that you do then you would have a drop in passengers transported. And because of the delays that the Italian flight chaos caused that could have slightly brought down your company image until it rectified itself. I think that's the most likely scenario. :)

It's in fact absolutely classical.

Offline mean123

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 07:56:08 PM »
It's in fact absolutely classical.

:)

Offline lpopa93

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 08:22:27 PM »
I thought about that, but then I saw my perfect company image going down, and I thought I did something wrong. I have the HQ in Germany, and also a medium base, so the impact is substantial, indeed. It's not that important in this world, as it's ending soon, but I am definitely going into the long game starting soon, and I wanted to make sure I don't make big mistakes in there.

Btw, mean123, good luck on Amsterdam, I see you also discovered it suddenly became empty. Only two really small airlines (12 ac) were headquartered there when I found how quiet it is, I don't know how that happened.

Offline mean123

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 09:08:35 PM »
Yeah, i definitely think the mistake wasn't yours so I don't think you have much to worry about in the new world.

Thank you and good luck to you too! It was you in fact that brought my attention to Amsterdam. Although I was a bit sad that you got in before me haha. You are definitely my main competition in this game. Although I need to put more attention into the game from now on, I work too much haha. You came out of nowhere in Madrid. Could I ask what percentage of your revenue you spend on marketing? I make nice money but I am struggling with the company image.

Offline lpopa93

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 03:33:58 AM »
When the company image was below 100, I always kept an eye on delays and cancellations and adjusted the routes accordingly. Now I stopped spending that much time on it, because of the huge number of routes. I spend about 7.5% of my weekly ticket revenue on marketing.

I got into Madrid because I was looking for a large base, I already had a second smaller base, where I only operated medium sized aircraft. In my HQ I had 75% of the transported passengers, until Vixair came in and started taking passengers from some of my routes. I got a bit angry, so I opened a base in the same location as Vixair. Basically Madrid was the perfect combination: largest traffic with airlines not bigger than mine, Vixair based there, and many slots available.  :-[

Offline mean123

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 04:50:44 AM »
Ok thank you!

Ohh I see. Makes sense, I noticed you went on lots of routes that he was flying instead of mine which was nice haha. Vixair made me a bit angry too. I slowly got over it I guess and opened a new base to concentrate on something else. I see you have a really nice livery, would be great if I could get some help on mine? I plan to use the same in the next game world even though opening up in Europe is scary without the whole of Europe to choose a base from.  :-[

Offline lpopa93

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 08:59:24 AM »
I was thinking exactly about that! I want to go for europe too, but 60 years in the same country sound terrible! I need to find a better aircraft template for the livery. I will PM you when I have some spare time and I will help you with the livery.

Offline mean123

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 05:20:09 PM »
Yes, it's a difficult one but I think I will just bite the bullet and stay in Europe, but really have no idea what country I'm leaning towards  :-\ . Ok thank you very much :) appreciate it!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.