Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Lessee returned me a plane in 8% condition [bug?]  (Read 412 times)

Offline mikebravo

• Members
Lessee returned me a plane in 8% condition [bug?]
« on: January 20, 2016, 01:23:32 PM »
I just had a lessee return me an aircraft at 8% condition (before being closed down by the bank). :o :o
How is it possible that a company is allowed to operate a leased plane without doing any maintenance up to a point that it reaches 8% condition!? Is it even happening in the real world? Shouldn't their aircraft be grounded way earlier? For information, I always set the 70% minimum condition clause when I lease out my aircraft.
In my humble opinion, I think the game mechanics should check maintenance certificates way more often, to prevent this kind of situation from happening.
I'll probably have to write down a $50m 8yo aircraft for what I consider a gross misconduct.

Have you guys had s similar situation?
Please see the attachment...

Manufacturer   Boeing 757-200
Fleet group   Boeing 757
Model   Boeing 757-200
Size class   Large aircraft
MSN   #23378
Registration   (No reg)
Current owner   Lusitania
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:04:35 PM by mikebravo »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Lessee returned me a plane in 8% condition
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 01:38:03 PM »
There is a little set up, on the page for leasing out planes, that forces a minimum condition for the plane to fly - by default at 70%. Either you changed it, or out-leased the plane before it was implemented(most likely).

Offline schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 01:43:58 PM »
And that's why leasing has been a fool's endeavor for most of the history of the game, as this happens and lessees dump old planes with expired d checks back to the owners.  The recent changes for condition and return to storage mitigate this for the most part...

Offline mikebravo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 01:57:40 PM »
I did not change anything, it has always been set at 70% minimum condition. I lease out a lot of aircraft and all of them have this condition set. Maybe this is actually a bug.
I don't mind doing a D check if I own the plane. That's part of the business. However, this is way too extreme and I don't think even possible in real world.

EDIT: Sami, please move it to the bugs forum if relevant.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:05:32 PM by mikebravo »

Offline schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 02:37:31 PM »
I did not change anything, it has always been set at 70% minimum condition. I lease out a lot of aircraft and all of them have this condition set. Maybe this is actually a bug.
I don't mind doing a D check if I own the plane. That's part of the business. However, this is way too extreme and I don't think even possible in real world.

EDIT: Sami, please move it to the bugs forum if relevant.

It's probably not a bug. The 70% leasing condition floor was only implemented a few months ago and is set on an individual basis per plane lease. Therefore, any leases that started before the ability to set a condition was implemented, the lessee can run them into the ground. Also, for a few weeks after it was implemented, the default was no 70% limit and it had to be set by the player manually. Now it defaults to 70% for any new plane you lease.

Offline mikebravo

• Members
Re: Lessee returned me a plane in 8% condition [bug?]
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 04:13:52 PM »
I've leased out this plane a total of 3 times. The last lessee took it in 1995 game time and I've always checked the 70% condition, so now I am confused how could this have happened. Flying an aircraft up to 8% condition in real world (whatever it means) if ever possible sounds like a risky thing to do.

See bellow the screenshot, I've hidden out the names of the companies on purpose because it's not my goal to point the finger to anyone, if there's a bug then this is a great opportunity to have it checked.

Once I can see the amount I will have to pay to have it flying to 100% condition again I'll post it here, just for curiosity  ;D :laugh:

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 05:25:35 PM »
dont need to be discrete about the idiot who did this

Offline mikebravo

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »
From 8% to 38% after a C-check. (couldn't avoid, have it automatic)
Repairing it from 38% to 100% is an extra $8.5m and includes a D-check.
If I write it off I get $13m cash and a taxable loss of $42m.

Considering the fact that 757-300 is out and no one is picking up 200 series anymore, even heavily discounted, I think I'll just scrap this  :-[ :-\ unless someone wants to pick it up, which I don't believe. But it's a shame anyway, what a waste.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:49:27 PM by mikebravo »

Offline robsalmon

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 08:18:57 PM »
How much do you want for her?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:30:35 PM by robsalmon »

Offline mikebravo

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 09:19:35 PM »
Sorry robsalmon, it's gone. I would sell it very cheap though, but had other one on sale with huge discount and fresh check and nobody was picking up so I thought of just get rid of this one.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 05:52:53 PM »
It may have been me.  I took a batch of planes based on good returns for the first of type, then had another airline move in on my base, and the routes were no longer so attractive.  Only saving was to put the leased aircraft into storage until lease expired.
The lease fee plus the storage fees eventually bankrupted me however.
Not a good experience. I'd run long and well from day one only to fall over with 25yrs to go.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.