Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fuel Prices ? !  (Read 255 times)

Offline saetta

• Members
Fuel Prices ? !
« on: January 20, 2016, 07:13:24 AM »
what's up with this ...fuel prices don't even come near historical values. I KNOW this is a game, but we do have some hisorical attachments to reality...i.e. airplanes, geography, fares ...but prices of fuels now are from and to a different planet !!!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: Fuel Prices ? !
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:49:13 AM »
The prices do not always follow the history since otherwise everyone would be able to predict them.

There seems to be now a time of higher fuel prices now in GW#4, when in history they were low. And vice-versa in real life in 1980 the fuel price was record high but stayed very low in the game.  (..didn't see any comments  of that. :P ;D)

Offline mikebravo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 01:01:20 PM »
I didn't see an abrupt change in fuel prices in GW#4, increasing trends were all very noticeable and predictable, so one just needs to adapt and be prepared. Example: I operate DC9s in GW#4, not very fuel efficient, and now I'm undergoing a change in fleet type, pushed by the high fuel price trend. This change was obviously planned according to this increasing trend, it was frankly easy to spot. If my competitors didn't do this, that's their problem, and that is why this is a game, some win and some loose. One cannot always win.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 06:04:45 PM »
As the established players learned to check their history books for Fuel Prices it was an unfair advantage, and certainly one the real world airlines didn't have available.
It's difficult for Sami to post warnings of oil crisis such as middle east unrest etc so we have to learn, or hope, that the prices will change in an unpredictable fashion.
In the same way the aircraft types are available to historical data but they only fall out of production when the game demand falls off.  There are no governments promoting types to their national airlines as well so the European types remain in the market much longer.
Personally I like the random factors with real world aircraft.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.