Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: training cost  (Read 305 times)

Online hershey1

• Members
training cost
« on: January 17, 2016, 11:06:51 PM »
Hi everyone

just a quick question i know your cost go up when you add a fourth fleet. I found that
out the hard way at a cost of 10 mil a week ( which I find ridiculous) but it is just a game
but does that training cost go up 10 mil for every fleet type over 3.

so if i was to go 2 six types would my cost rise 30 mil a week

Online schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: training cost
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 12:52:45 AM »
Costs go up exponentially depending on your fleet size. That training line item increase is factored into the fleet commonality page. If you want to see how it changes, unschedule down to 3 types, then add a 4th, look at the fleet commonality page, then add a 5th, and see how it looks. For an airline my size, my current commonality costs are around 70m/month. When I went to a 4th type for a couple of hours, they went up to 800m/month.

Offline 11Air

• Members
Re: training cost
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 06:19:58 PM »
It's one of the difficulties of the game design.  A new type to a RW airline means a bunch of paperwork, retraining of Maintenance Staff, Cabin Crew, and Pilots.  That can include new tarmac equipment, trolleys, push back equipment etc and the facilities to store and maintain it all.  The Aircraft Maintenance department takes a big hit too with Lead Technicians (Engineers design, Technicians do in my world) being flown to Boeing for training together with all the miscellaneous stores stuff from new tyre types upwards.
I think the game misses the impact of one new type, and there should then be a lower cost as the numbers of that type rises.
I'm not aware of Boeing types being considered totally different, a 727 has the same sort of paperwork as a 757 even if the parts are quite different.
What we don't have is 'wet lease' options where the lease does all the C and D servicing at a maintenance base.  It's what some airlines use to cover the longer absences of their aircraft for the D checks.
Wishfull thinking, one day, lets have the cargo stuff first. That's going to be a whole new game in it's own right.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.