Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Aircraft Turnaround Times  (Read 134 times)

Offline DannyWilliams

• Members
[-] Aircraft Turnaround Times
« on: January 14, 2016, 02:07:09 AM »
Just wanted to share my opinion on the fact that Airwaysim is using a minimum turn time of 40 minutes on the 737 when most airlines have a turn time of 18-25 minutes...
Anyone else have anything else to add on this matter?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:23:32 AM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Aircraft Turnaround Times
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:23:25 AM »
This is not a bug.

(A full 737 with 200 pax is not regularily turned, on schedule, in 18 minutes..)

Offline DannyWilliams

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 09:30:29 AM »
This is not a bug.

(A full 737 with 200 pax is not regularily turned, on schedule, in 18 minutes..)

You can ask both KLM, Norwegian and Scandinavian who all have 18-25 minutes as turnaround time.
Take it from someone that works at Oslo Airport, we are the most on time airport in the world right now...

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: [-] Aircraft Turnaround Times
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »
well, this game is already easier than reality (I'm making tons of money with a direct flight between Corfu & Kabul!!!!!). No neet to make it even easier

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »
You can ask both KLM, Norwegian and Scandinavian who all have 18-25 minutes as turnaround time.
Take it from someone that works at Oslo Airport, we are the most on time airport in the world right now...

A full -800 at Southwest (175 off, 175 on) is a struggle to turn in 40 minutes. Not beause of the people working the flight, but because passengers just take time to get on and off the plane. The only way I see 20 minutes possible on a full 800 or 900 is if no carryon luggagr is allwoed, and even then juat one wrench could mess it all up ( think just a couple wheel chairs....2-3 minutes each to help down the jetway amd into their seat....)

Now, I do wish we could go with shorter turns on the smaller variants ,but that is a discussion for another thread.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 11:45:09 AM »

A full service turnaround of a 150-200 pax jet is not possible on continous scheduled basis in less than 20-25 minutes. I know it... (I fly those things :P)  The key here is that it must be able to be scheduled throughout the year. Sure, you can easily do it when you have no service and only a handful of pax, but it is a different story.

AWS turnaround is modelled to be always a full service turnaround with fuelling, cleaning, catering etc. There is thread in feature req forum about variable turnarounds where the time is dependant to the flight duration .. ie. a short domestic sector can turn faster since it does not need fuelling and so much cleaning etc.

Again, not a bug, the current system works just as intended.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:50:15 AM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.