Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Random events  (Read 452 times)

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
Random events
« on: January 03, 2016, 06:17:46 PM »
Hi all,

I was wondering whether or not the random events is "readjusted" for  a region restricted game.
Say normally three mayor events happen per year, those statistically get spread out over the entire world.
However north america/usa have seen two of these events recently ( volcano & stock market).
In a game restricted as much as this one this could be disastrous as the US/N-A is the base of half the players and the primary income source of the rest...

This to me seems unfair and statistically unrealistic...

Cheers,

NC

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
Re: Random events
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »
I wouldn't seem it as unfair, since we are all getting the same events (we all fly only to NA)

So it's the same difficulty level for all of us.

It's true that everything happened in NA lately, but intra europe flights are REALLY marginal compared to LH routes, so events affects us all the same (europe, and NA based alike).

I'd personally prefer even more events.

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 09:00:25 PM »
11% punctuality due to Volcanic Ashes... now that's interesting  :P

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 10:15:01 AM »
I wouldn't seem it as unfair, since we are all getting the same events (we all fly only to NA)

So it's the same difficulty level for all of us.

It's true that everything happened in NA lately, but intra europe flights are REALLY marginal compared to LH routes, so events affects us all the same (europe, and NA based alike).

I'd personally prefer even more events.

Well I agree, but that just makes them kind of a nuisance and more annoying than challenging...

Offline Mr Yoda

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 06:04:38 PM »
Have fun lads! Bird Flu just hit Europe!

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 06:37:33 PM »
Well I agree, but that just makes them kind of a nuisance and more annoying than challenging...

Yes, you have a point.. I would have preferred more planes (meaning more competition, more supply) rather than event after event (less demand).

Offline jmaildom

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 09:42:30 PM »
My understanding is that because this scenario might be a fairly easy scenario, due to long haul flights and profits being made by big planes, there must be a break or disruption so just to slow a bit the growth.
Also Due to big planes limited availability ( in medium aircrafts you can have even 4 deliveries of new aircrafts per month- instead in  big planes just 2), it will be difficult to cover all the demand existing out there, thus making impossible to bk competition .  Somehow, there must be a god hand somewhere to just cool things just a bit
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 09:46:08 PM by jmaildom »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.