Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How should I get out of my $25 Million Debt Hole!  (Read 317 times)

rmich

• Former member
How should I get out of my $25 Million Debt Hole!
« on: January 02, 2016, 09:59:44 PM »
Hello All,

This is my second airline on AirwaySim. My Airline, "Viva Air", has been in operation on Game World 4 since in-game 1990. Everything was going well until D checks started coming up. In the worst possible scenario, 3 D checks and 2 C checks all were performed within 3 months. Since my 737-200's are all around 18-25 years of age, D checks cost upwards for $8 million and C checks cost $1.5 million+. Now my airline, once profitable, is now nearly 25 million dollars in debt, with more maintenance coming up. I've stuck with this airline for a long time, and I don't want to give up on it! Any advice or recommendations as to how to get my airline out of pending bankruptcy would be helpful  ;D

Thanks,
"an airline ceo"

Offline Andre

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: How should I get out of my $25 Million Debt Hole!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 03:23:31 AM »
1. Reset your prices. (Routes - Price Management - Reset to default prices)
2. Invest in slightly more marketing, but don't overdo it.
3. Stop flying your two DC-8s. The overhead costs of operating these two jurassic (but awesome) planes are way higher than your profits.
4. Re-train your Very Large aircraft pilots to Large if you need them there instead, or to the smallest type if you don't need them.
5. Stop flying your three F-27s as well. Same reason as point nr 3. And close your Salt Lake City base. The costs of operating a base with only 3 turboprops is killing your airline. Or you could expand in Salt Lake City with more planes, but it doesn't seem like you have the money for it right now.
6. Instead of performing expensive D-checks on 24 year old 737-200s, try to swap them out on the used market instead. Often a younger plane with fresher D-checks is more economical to operate than paying for 8 million USD checks on old planes. Or you could buy some of my 737-200adv that are 18 years old with 5,5 years left to D-check for only 5,900,000 USD. That's cheaper than paying for your D-checks. Then scrap them before the 3rd check around 24 years. Or just lease them for 5 years.
7. Whatever you do, do NOT get a 4th fleet type. If you want to swap out your 737-200s, remove one of the other fleet types first. When you get a 4th fleet type, the commonality costs more than double across all fleet types. (Stupid game mechanic that I'm lobbying to change. No luck yet).

Good luck! You've survived so far, you'll make it to the end if you follow these tips. :)

Cheers,
Andre

P.S. Actually I just checked and I have 4 x 737-200adv that are 8 y/o with fresh D-checks that you can have for about 14.5 million USD. Lease if you like. They're all max range. Send me a PM if you're interested. I have more of them coming soon.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:12:26 PM by Andre »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.