This bug was previously fixed in one of my prior bug reports and seems to have reared its ugly head again. Basically, the game is back on where all input fields are getting checked when making updates to the personnel page instead of just the changed ones. I THINK the bug i'm about to mention was fixed with the following change - http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,57797.msg333544.html#msg333544
but there may have been a different one.
So, I'm in manual staff mode and I do the following in GW1-
1. Make some schedule changes/additions/plane moves that requires more staff.
2. Visit the staff page, select "Set staff to 100% (hire but do not fire)"
3. Click Set
4. Click Save
5. Receive an error message to reduce the CEO's salary by $1000
6. Get annoyed as I had already given the CEO a raise to the higher amount a few game months prior and now have to go cower in a corner while fearing his wrath for the pay cut.
7. Forced to cut the CEO's pay in order to hire staff to cover the additional needs.