Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Excessive supply  (Read 301 times)

Offline Joshua Jordan

• Members
Excessive supply
« on: December 25, 2015, 11:39:53 AM »
I often chose routes within beginner's world that have little or no supply. This seems to work well, however as soon as I do this, one other dominant airline\player then comes and excessively over supplies the route, often with more than one flight per day.  The has happened on a number of occasion's by the same airline\player (more than 10)  Is this within the game rules? Is this fair play?

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Excessive supply
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 03:48:49 PM »
As long as they do not exceed twice the demand, it's perfectly fair play. Not nice, but that's a competitive game. In current Game 3, There is 1500 demand between Fuerteventura & Las Palmas. I was alone on this line, long ago. Now, I've got more than 1000 capacity here, but my 2 opponents have 20 more flights there, with bigger planes, and that's a total of 4146 daily capacity on that line, for a demand of 1500. It's tough making money here. But I'm not losing money.

So , well, maybe he lacks inspiration for its next lines, & imitates you. Imitation is the purest form of flattery. The way the game is balanced, you shall still be able to make SOME kind of benefit on those lines, if you plan your planes properly, and have a proper price policy. One single opponent cannot kill you(if you don't make mistakes). 2 even cannot, normally.

Offline Joshua Jordan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 11:09:15 AM »
Thanks for your response and the information it contains, very helpful to me.

Offline Joshua Jordan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 12:43:56 PM »
When the same player did the same thing on 29 routes, it killed any hopes of fair play and effectively forced me to bankrupt my airline and quit the game world.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 02:21:07 PM »
The game is balanced so that you should survive even with competition on every line, not with big profits, but with small profits. If you make no mistake. Of course, it's harder than when unopposed. But I've made money on routes with 2 opponents suppliying the whole demand. Each of them. I was not making a lot, but still. There are a few things you can try next time:

(1)frequency. Fly more smaller planes. That 100NM route had 1000 demand, and opposition were flying 10 daily A320 flights each. I was flying 15 E175 flights. With exactly one hour between each(below 1 hour of interval, you begin to have problems) I therefoer had a better LF for my planes.
(2)price. Lowering your prices sometimes work, sometimes not. Take notes, and see what works. Try to raise, try to lower, and see how the plane profitability changes.
(3)Leave. try to find another base where opposition is not
(4)plane use. still on the same 100NM route, my planes are flying 5 times a day each. For the smallest ones, 6 flights a day is possible. In current GW3, I've got a SW3(a 19-seater!) that makes 250k$ a week, thanks to its 6 daily flights. Substract 60k$ for the personal fees, and you'll notice this plane is very profitable. Fly the same 6 on a 120-pax demand route(below 280NM) where your opponent landed a A320, and see him cry.
(5)fleet groups. Try to have at most 2 of them. focus on the lines there are good to.

BTW, can you tell me an example of line where you've been attacked? What distance? What demand? What plane did you put? What plane the opposition did put?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.