Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Route Demand US vs. Europe  (Read 580 times)

Offline Nihilian

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Route Demand US vs. Europe
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:13:12 AM »
Hi
Noticed that in the US even for long west to east coast flights  there is hardly any route demand whereas in Europe the intercontinent market seems to be larger.

Just makes it more difficult for US airlines coz we cant use Smaller aircraft to build up before going for the larger aircraft.

What does everyone think. Let me know if I am missng something here.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:22:30 AM by Nihilian »

Offline wapp11

• Members
Re: Route Demand US vs. Europe
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 04:43:30 AM »
I wish I would have noticed this... I should have started in Europe!

Offline aussieAx

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 05:22:53 AM »
you guys could always declare bankrupt and restart. its still very early in the game
check where you want to go and what aircraft are available first so you can see the competition

Offline L1011fan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 02:31:55 AM »
At this point, as I look at all the major cities in Europe, it WOULD seem to be too late. It's already entrenched. I'll stick with my growing hub here in USA. ;)

mertkuyumcu

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 03:28:46 AM »
Hi L1011fan and aussieAx,

I agree with both of you. I started in Milano - Malpenza and my 4 aircrafts are just focused on Europe right now. I think I will go for changing continent with my 5th aircraft. Therefore, avg. fuel burn per passenger is just 37.5kg/pax which is my personal record. :)

Best,
Mert
http://mertkuyumcu.org/

Offline wapp11

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 04:32:45 AM »
you guys could always declare bankrupt and restart. its still very early in the game
check where you want to go and what aircraft are available first so you can see the competition

I did, mainly because I leased a 4th VL A/C and didn't have money to make routes.  whoops   :laugh:

TomTom31

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 11:51:46 AM »
Europe is definitely not entrenched... Sure it is if you only look at Heathrow or Amsterdam but the same could be said for the U.S. as all players want ATL/JFK first. If you look closely there are some great options that have been left largely alone...

Secondly regarding traffic demand- the game description said there would be very little demand for short-haul. I can promise you that's the same if you are Europe based too which I am. For example demand from London to Paris is less than 100 per day! It's all about transatlantic traffic in this scenario.

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 04:19:49 PM »

Just makes it more difficult for US airlines coz we cant use Smaller aircraft to build up before going for the larger aircraft.

While it's true that Europe has more short haul demand than North America, the demand is insignificant, and i don't think it would add any significant advantage at all over US airlines.

I wouldn't even think of adding an additional fleet for the tiny short haul demand when there's plenty of Long Haul demand yet to be filled.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.