Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Best Aircraft to start long haul with.  (Read 494 times)

Offline Matt Elphick

• Members
Best Aircraft to start long haul with.
« on: December 22, 2015, 09:51:59 AM »
I am wanting to start going into long haul what is the best aircraft type to start off with.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: Best Aircraft to start long haul with.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:08:57 AM »
Depends .. On the era, on the airport, on the demand, and dozen other things at least.

But make sure that the leasing or purchase price is reasonable. Getting a leased B777 with $3mil/month isn't a good idea..

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 03:07:51 AM »
Getting a 777 with a 600K/month is a decent idea.  A330/340, 767 - all good long haul planes.  But lease cheap.old/and in bad condition.  You can get better planes later.  If you go Long haul - limit yourself to one Fleet type of long haul at the start.  Do not say get one 777, one 767, and one A330 to start....you will go belly up

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 09:28:25 AM »
Getting a 777 with a 600K/month is a decent idea.  A330/340, 767 - all good long haul planes.  But lease cheap.old/and in bad condition.  You can get better planes later.  If you go Long haul - limit yourself to one Fleet type of long haul at the start.  Do not say get one 777, one 767, and one A330 to start....you will go belly up

+1. The thing is to find a plane old enough to be cheap to lease, but not too old, so that it's not too costly to maintain. The bad news is that after a few years, you'll have to change the plane. That's why big companies are buying new planes. But when small, it's not a very good idea(and leasing a new plane not a good idea at all).

Online Maxair

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 11:41:22 PM »
I started a long haul airline in the early 70s with 747s and it's still going much to my surprise. It was just supposed to be a short experiment to see if it would work with just one fleet type. I've since added a second and third by purchasing them new. I suspect i will BK when the price of fuel goes up drastically but thats ok. It's been fun.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.