Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Scheduling Error Handling Not Intuititve  (Read 315 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[ok] Scheduling Error Handling Not Intuititve
« on: December 16, 2015, 03:56:43 PM »
This particular item is one where it is likely not operating as designed/intended, as it has changed from how it was previously operated. On the scheduling screen, if you're working with the add a route (or schedule MX) functionality and you do something silly, like not selecting the correct parameters to schedule (i.e. a route, or a valid set of A/B MX), the error message will pop up (as expected), but when you click "OK" it closes the modal dialogue box and drops you straight back to the scheduling page without allowing you to correct the error. Previously, it took you back to the modal box to correct the input errors for you to resubmit.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:28:50 AM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Scheduling Error Handling Not Intuititve
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 04:10:38 PM »
hm, sorry, please describe this in "dumb or dumber" terms again .. i.e. step by step, since I am not sure if I got the point here.

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 04:12:31 AM »
Ok.

1. Decide to schedule a route on a plane.
2. Open Scheduling page, assuming the route is created.
3. Actually, have two routes that conflict with each other and can't be assigned to the same plane.
4. Try to assign both routes to the same plane (i.e. select all in the add dialog box)
5. Be admonished with an error message, and the modal dialogue box drops.
6. Reopen the dialogue box and do what you really meant to do.
7. Actually, this scenario is working as it always has...

So..

1. Tried a few other scenarios
2. And it seems to be back to working how it was before the slices of toast notifications were added...
3. Basically, on the boxes that triggered a MsgBox() to be called, instead of dropping back to the pop-over, you'd get dropped back to the scheduling page. Now those errors seem to be dropping back to the pop-over after closing the MsgBox(), which is how it was before.
3. Schro goes back to drinking.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 07:36:17 PM »
Ok. Here's one that works for me, in GW3.

1. Open scheduling page for PGUM, filter to B789.
2. Assign MX to one of the unscheduled planes.
3. Attempt to assign MX to another unscheduled plane, but don't select a B check day.
4. Receive MsgBox() error message to pick a valid day.
5. Scheduling window drops without allowing for correction.

However, I can't seem to pin down exactly the steps that causes it - i.e. I reloaded to type up the above instructions, and that did not allow for replicating the problem... So, I'm thinking there's a variation on the inputs to that error check that cause it to escape the pop-over box, but I just can't figure out which it is...

Ninja edit - just happened again - error was when adding flights. MsgBox() said "select at least one flight to add" and then dropped me back to the page.  Then, when I did it again, it kept the pop-over open after the MsgBox().

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 03:50:48 AM »
I have a hunch... in GW1, currently doing a mass moving of the schedules of BACs to ones newer ones... I think I'm seeing that Click to confirm works as expected, pressing Enter to confirm does not.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »
This was because the enter keypress handling closed the error and the dialog right away.

I've improved it now with a better error dialog. Pls test and report back; if it's good I will use the same in other dialogs too. Currently only in the maintenance dialog at scheduling page...

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 03:23:11 AM »
So far, I'm liking the new error handling - Enter even clears the error so I can try again.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
Re: [ok] Scheduling Error Handling Not Intuititve
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 11:42:09 AM »
Add flight and Move flight dialogs also updated then...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.