Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Thoughts on becoming a lessor  (Read 253 times)

Offline mikebravo

• Members
Thoughts on becoming a lessor
« on: December 12, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »
In 2 game months I will receive the first of 21 new A320-200 that I bought when I had loads of spare cash. I got a very good price for them since it was a bulk order.

The facts:
- I run a small/medium but profitable (18.5% margin) regional airline out of Spain Canary islands (Lusitania), and open skies starts just in a few game years
- big airports like Barajas and El Prat are home to very well established airlines which will give me a hard time if I open a base there
- operating only one type (DC9) and don't have enough demand for A320s in my current bases

The question:
- what do you think is the best option based on your experience:
   1 - lease out the new planes ?
   2 - risk opening a 4th base in a major airport in Spain ?

Thank you all.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 03:50:23 PM by mikebravo »

Offline 11Air

• Members
Re: Thoughts on becoming a lessor
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »
Lease your surplus aircraft. They will contribute to your airline that way and you do have the option to limit the lease or Buy options, and the period of lease.
Some airlines make small but steady profits on their aircraft rather then running an airline.  it's allowed, and it's done in Real World.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Thoughts on becoming a lessor
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 07:58:15 PM »
Leasing is not going to make you a big player, but if the skies in Spain are too busy for your taste, it's a good way not to lose your investment.

It works only for popular kinds of plane(you won't make a fortune leasing IL62s...) but the A320 is just perfect for that. There's always a company in need. Or 10, if you don't ask too much. Though sometimes players prefer to buy them. Be sure not to sell them under value. Lease under value is annoying, sell under value is really a shame. I made the mistake quite a few times.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.