Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: change aircraft  (Read 146 times)

Offline martinmack2

• Members
change aircraft
« on: December 11, 2015, 04:00:24 AM »

Please could anay one tell me why it is only possible to change the seats and not the engines?? In  real life you can also re-new an aircraft.....

Why in this game?  More options :
-You had buy an aircraft but you will use it a few years later for longer distances.
-The newest engines are better then the 10 years old engines.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: change aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 11:55:45 AM »
No, you cannot in real life either change the make of the engines (without major modifications, which is a very different thing from a cabin reconfiguration which takes some days/weeks max).

The re-engine programs of the DC-8 for example are the rare exceptions but those are major changes to the aircraft systems, and indeed those are not modelled here.. And naturally the older and smaller planes have had a lot of turbine conversions for example (DC-3 had many of these) but as mentioned those are very extensive airframe changes that aren't done here since they are complicated to model and get the relevant data of them. I've never heard of a re-engined B767 for example, or any other "modern" jet to have a totally different set of engines, ie. a completely different model/manufacturer than the original..
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:58:46 AM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.