Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] New Order Bug, 737NG/MAX GW1  (Read 349 times)

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
[-] New Order Bug, 737NG/MAX GW1
« on: December 10, 2015, 04:36:21 PM »
I know this has come up before and I thought it was addressed, but I may be wrong. It is not possible to order NG and MAX aircraft in the same order it seems. I need 7 more 737-700ER to be able to hit 500 destinations served achievement so I figured I would top that order for 7 frames off with more Max frames. I got the error that says I can not place the order because the production line may be closing or there may not be enought available production slots. My Max orders only go out to 2019, 11 years before the end of the game, and my NG orders end in early 2013 leaving a 4 year gap of nothing but green delivery slots between the last NG and first Max.

Edit: only happens when 3 models are ordered simultaneously. First attempt was 7 73GER, 16 Max8, 17 Max9 and it got the error, second attempt was 7 ER's and 33 Max8 and it took it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:35:23 PM by sami »
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: New Order Bug, 737NG/MAX GW1
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 10:46:32 AM »
Yep, saw the same. Got a copy of the database, but cannot test/check this further right now (will do in a few days).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 04:32:21 PM »
This seems to be a very hard issue to solve (spent the last 1.5hrs trying to figure it out) ..  It works fine, for some reason, when you order the NG separately from MAX series (or only the MAXes and not 7xNG).

I am seeing where the sequence error happens in the code, but can't really fix it that easily without causing other changes to the production line sequence system. ...So due to the complexity of this, I'll close this report. (= minor bug, happens only with this certain combination, and not easily fixable)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:36:15 PM by sami »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 04:34:50 PM »
But... the discount is lost by the player....

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 06:43:52 PM »
But... the discount is lost by the player....

And that right there is the reason this bug is so annoying!
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 06:52:42 PM »
And that right there is the reason this bug is so annoying!

Perhaps a coupon code mechanism can be implemented to allow for discounts off of future orders.

*cough*

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: [-] New Order Bug, 737NG/MAX GW1
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 08:29:24 PM »
In current GW3 MAXes are only marginally costlier than NGs. As they have more range & drink less fuel, I don't see the point of still buying NGs(maybe the -600 for niche routes for the player without smaller craft, but that's marginal). Of course, the bug is probably annoying for other fleet types with many following types(I'm thinking about the fokker70-100-120 group, though I never toyed with them). Usually, F100s still have their niche, even after the 120 arrives

And I know by experience what it means to face a huge change in the code for a tiny result, and having people shouting "how come it's not done yet?". It's not fun. Industrial designer are taught to design their products for the ease of manufacture, but not software specifiers.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.