Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Will I get a penalty on a 752 long haul with no comp?  (Read 352 times)

Offline mean123

• Members
Will I get a penalty on a 752 long haul with no comp?
« on: December 08, 2015, 02:47:34 PM »
Hi , does anyone know if I will get a penalty using a 757-200 long haul if I have no competition on the route. I don't want to purchase the aircraft if I will get a penalty. I know when I played a few years ago we did. Not sure if this has changed considering the amount of new airlines flying them long haul in real life nowadays? I did look on the forum but was all answers from a few years ago. Thanks in advance! :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: Will I get a penalty on a 752 long haul with no comp?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 03:03:50 PM »
If it's a very long route with high demand (let's say more than double the capacity of the 757) then it's not a good idea to fly a narrowbody plane on that route.

Offline mean123

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »
Thank you! Let's say 3500nm with 350 demand?

Offline wapp11

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 04:27:45 PM »

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 05:27:02 PM »
Thank you! Let's say 3500nm with 350 demand?

As explained in wapp11's link, it depends on a few different variables and they change over time. Think of the appropriateness of a plane on a scale of 0-100%. If a plane is 100% appropriate, then you get no warning and it's not problem. If the plane is 99% appropriate, you will get a warning, but realistically, you'll see no difference against competition or flying it solo. If the plane is 50% appropriate, you may suffer against competition but will be able to fill the plane on a monopoly route. If the plane is 10% appropriate, you'll be flying it empty no matter what you do.

So yes, at first, the 757 might be just fine for a few years on the route you mention, but eventually, it'll probably be a bad idea.

<soapbox mode>
Ever since the introduction of the plane is too small warning, the 757 fleet has been incredibly nerfed as a fleet type, making it have no more range than a A320/B737/etc before it becomes too small, but that's a poor economic choice since those other types eat its lunch at that range. They really need a bit more leverage in the 2500-3500nm range to be more competitive.

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 10:02:18 PM »

<soapbox mode>
Ever since the introduction of the plane is too small warning, the 757 fleet has been incredibly nerfed as a fleet type, making it have no more range than a A320/B737/etc before it becomes too small, but that's a poor economic choice since those other types eat its lunch at that range. They really need a bit more leverage in the 2500-3500nm range to be more competitive.

+1

I love the 757 IRL but here it is almost a useless aircraft for a long game.

Offline mean123

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 11:33:14 AM »
Thank you guys!! Appreciate the time taken  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.