Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Base size  (Read 225 times)

Offline tdf42

• Members
Base size
« on: December 04, 2015, 04:47:22 PM »
I find I am running a large base but am flying only 2 large aircraft out of my 45. What do I gain economically if I change those 2 to E195 and downgrade to a  medium base? Will it affect staffing and save money? Will I take a CI hit?

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
Re: Base size
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:09:27 PM »
Short term you'll have to fire or retrain your larger pilots. You'll take a hit changing the base financially, and  yes a small CI hit.

Offline tdf42

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:07:15 PM »
I will retrain the pilots  (I am flying only two 735) and not fire anyone, but my main question is will it save money...does it cost more to run a large base? Is it just the personnel or the rent or both? The hit will only cost 400K 

Offline freshmore

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 08:17:12 PM »
Large bases a more expensive to run, by how much I don't know, it depends on how many aircraft are based there. Best thing to do is keep bases at the maximum size you need them to be at any time and upgrade when you need to. With downgrading it's probably best to work out the difference in the staff/office costs that I believe the game gives you between your current size and downgraded size.

Let's say the difference is 10k per month and you have costs of 400k, after 40 months (3 and a bit years) you will have broken even on the savings made to the initial investment you made to downgrade. So you will save money over a period longer that 40 months. If you plan on reintroducing a large aircraft within about 10 years think about it carefully because you will have both the downgrade cost and upgrade costs to bear, so that probably won't work out to the financial benefit of your airline.

To sum up, possibly worth it if you are going to stick to medium aircraft there for a long period, but if you aren't, it may well be worth keeping the status quo. Go do some sums!

Offline tdf42

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 08:53:17 PM »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.