Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Slots  (Read 291 times)

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
[-] Slots
« on: November 30, 2015, 02:05:41 AM »
Game: Regional Challenge
Airport: Haneda
I have posted this before -- http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,61929.0.html -- and here I go again.

This is what it says on the advert selling this game: This is a relatively easy scenario

1 Tokyo Haneda 52.28%
2 Las Vegas - McCarran 32.34%
3 Beijing Capital 31.99%

No slots available at 5am, 6am, 7am, 10am. Great difference between airports on slots used (see above) and continues to increase. If I wanted to play in a normal scenario with the possibility of slot locking an airport, I would have picked a "normal" scenario.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:37:59 AM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Slots
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 06:37:53 AM »
Once again, this is not a bug.

- Haneda is always a crowded airport and in this game it is more noticeable than in other games since it is a dominantly short-haul airport with a lots of traffic usually operated by large planes, which are not available at this time - making this probably the most lucrative airport of all in this particular game world (ref. LHR in other games where longhaul is available).

- Airport has 5 based airlines.

- The number of slots will still grow at the airports, HND has already 41 slots/hr available and judging from other game worlds it will grow to at least about 60+/hr.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:44:05 AM by sami »

Offline LotusAirways

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: [-] Slots
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 07:05:30 AM »
Thanks for replying.

There only 3 airlines, 1 doesn't have any planes and 1 hasn't evolved for days and days.
60 slots per hour won't do it, it will not mop up demand. Just so you know.

This issue is the same as Heathrow, which was always slot locked and then a few games back you took care of it rather effectively (thanks!) and now nobody can slot lock LHR. I recommend a similar treatment to Haneda. Especially for this game, where most planes can carry 100 pax only.

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 03:20:34 AM »
Quick update: No slots at 05:00, 06:00, 07:00, 8:00, 10:00, 12:00, 17:00.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 10:54:45 AM »
And? People go to the best slots, so they become scarce. That's natural. Bad times have plenty of slots, and force you to plan your next flights otherwise. I'm annoyed in current GW3 with my base in Palermo, as there is no free slot between 10:00 & 11:00, and between 13:00 & 17:00. At all. So I have to turn around, choose destinations accordingly, and make short flights in the morning. Even if destinations are not optimal.

That's life. That's a competitive game. There is a race for the best slots. Once finished, your next planes won't be as optimized as you'd wish. But if you are clever, you can still make money. If Haneda does not have any more place for your needs, you shall look somewhere else. Every other player has the same problem. I'm pretty sure plenty of competitors would like to use slots in Palermo in the early afternoon as well, as many lines are still underserved, but they cannot. They'll do another way. As me. Everyone has to adapt.

And it's realistic : Do we have 1000 planes taking off at 6 from CDG, then 5 hours of nothing? Nope.

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 12:19:10 PM »
Palermo vs Haneda  :D

Anyway, my point is not no slots. My point is: it is the ONLY airport in the game where there are no slots. Just look at the difference on the chart from Haneda to the second in line, and from the second to the third. I am fine with no slots, it is actually easier to play as I can block my competitor out my slot locking. My beef is that this game was advertised as an easy game, and it is indeed, except slots at... you guess it.

Offline Mr Yoda

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 09:02:22 PM »
So what does "This is a relatively easy scenario" actually mean then? Because this GW is reminding me more of a fast forwarded GW almost identical to a full GW without base restrictions. (excl ac types)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.