Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] On the subject of no MX warnings...GW1  (Read 187 times)

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
[-] On the subject of no MX warnings...GW1
« on: November 24, 2015, 08:32:19 PM »
Civil Aviation Administration - Ramp Check Results

The Civil Aviation Administration has made a Ramp Check to one of your Boeing 737-700 aircraft (N701BO) and have found out that the aircraft has not been maintained properly. The B check of the aircraft has expired (or it has not been scheduled into the aircraft's rotation or it has expired).

The CAA has fined you for the amount of 225 000 USD for using an aircraft that not properly maintained and they also expect you to correct this problem as soon as possible.

You can view more details from the My Aircraft page.

Swapped an older 73G to this newer build frame, performed suggested checks upon transfer. Im not sure what those were on this particular bird but I assume A & B were expired as it sat for a while. I swapped about 30 frames today, but all swaps that had recommended checks I performed them. I log back in an hour later to find a ramp check fine. Check the plane, MX is scheduled properly so there is absolutely no reason for things like this to happen at all assuming the system is working properly.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 02:04:16 PM by sami »
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: On the subject of no MX warnings...GW1
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 08:39:12 PM »
In order to investigate any closer would need to know what the dates of the previous checks were when the fine was issued, and what was the present game date etc.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:18:29 PM »
This is the same problem as described in my Empire Strikes Back parody here - http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,56750.0.html

Basically if you're performing schedule moving and the MX days are on different days than what was previously scheduled, a trout will slap your inbox.

Meaning -

1. You have an unscheduled plane with MX scheduled on Saturday.
2. Today is Friday.
3. You move a schedule that has MX scheduled on Wednesday to the plane in #1.
4. Saturday passes, no MX done, trout slapping occurs Monday/Tuesday.
5. MX catches up Wednesday.

Ninja edit - Same scenario can happen if the plane is fresh out of C/D check as well, and say, just 2-3 days out, where the A check isn't done automatically, but it ends up being 10-12 days before it is done after scheduling.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 09:41:26 PM »
In order to investigate any closer would need to know what the dates of the previous checks were when the fine was issued, and what was the present game date etc.

Fine issued 6 Feb 2011, current game date 13 Feb 2011, aircraft in question was 701BO, MSN #4177, aircraft ID 166371 http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/View/History/166371/ Maintenance History include A and B check on 7 Feb 2011, C check 27 Aug 2010. I was swapping out older planes for newer, idle planes on Feb 4th, 5th and 6th game time, between 11:15 and 12:45 my time (give or take), GMT -5, so it is likely that I swapped this plane when the A/B checks were not expired, they became expired on the 6th triggering the ramp check, and were performed as scheduled on 7 Feb 2011 at 00:30.

Simply allowing a 7 day grace period on newly scheduled or recently swapped planes would fix this problem. That would allow scheduled maintenance to take place even if A/B checks were not performed/required when the plane was scheduled or swapped.
CEO PacAir

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 02:03:51 PM »
The fines are not issued immediately. If a check is supposed to made every 7 days, it will not fine you on the 8th day - there is a considerable grace period. Further, the system cannot know (without larger changes) when a certain route was actually added to the schedule, nor when a plane "started flying".

If you indeed changed the schedule on let's say Feb 4th and you were fined on Feb 6th, then you definitely did not choose the maintenance option to be performed immediately. (which would relate to the other reported issue which I was not able to replicate). But for sure it will not fine you if the check become overdue only 1-3 game days ago. (won't say what the exact thresholds are, but they are very conservative to avoid false-positives)

Please let me know if spotted again, as I think this is either an user error or a one-time issue related to the upgrades that were in progress that time.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Re: [-] On the subject of no MX warnings...GW1
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 12:09:12 AM »
Well, I can say this. I did not select or unselect any maintenance actions while swapping planes, however all of the planes swapped in had been sitting for up to 1.7 years so never had maintenance performed (except for automatic C checks.) This means all A and B should have been expired as they had never been scheduled before. This also means that A and B check should auto check when swapping planes, and obviously they did not for some reason. As for the dates of swaps, Feb 4 to 6 is approximate, I just counted back from the game date and fit it in based on when I was working in GW1. It could be off by a game day or two.

Anyway, I get a 10 point CI hit and my alliance loses 7 points due to a game error....
CEO PacAir

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.