Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Average pax load factor keeps on dropping  (Read 416 times)

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
Average pax load factor keeps on dropping
« on: November 23, 2015, 04:34:14 PM »
For some reason, this route KFLL > KATL and KATL > KFLL keeps on dropping in Average pax load factor....All other routes are going up except for this one. No, I do not have near the max demand and I am using a Embraer 175STD for these flight. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks!
Clem
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:44:40 PM by iFlysimX »

Offline The Great Santini

• Members
    • My Banner
Re: Average pax load factor keeps on dropping
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 05:36:07 PM »
As more airlines enter the same market your load factor drops.  The route provides only so much demand and as more airlines enter the market the total demand of that market is diluted.

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 06:03:55 PM »
As more airlines enter the same market your load factor drops.  The route provides only so much demand and as more airlines enter the market the total demand of that market is diluted.

Not sure I follow but no one else is flying that route at all...I am the only one with plenty of demand.

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 07:39:57 PM »
It is because you are adding capacity while your route image will be growing slowly.  Give it time :)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 09:10:39 AM »
You'll always be tempted to go for the full demand all at once. I usually do that myself even though I know better but you'll take big losses until route image goes up which could take a couple of days in real life. Route specific advertising can speed this up but will also cost significant money so it may not be worth it.

I went a bit overboard grabbing five planes and filling out multiple routes on day one and for a good while I thought I might have to start over because of it. Only today did I start making money. Be patient or it might cost you. In a few weeks you'll have more planes than you have time to deal with.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 09:39:49 AM »
I do this when the game is already well advanced. For example, I recently sttled in Palermo in GW3, and for a line that needs 4 E190 to be fully served(and with no opposition), I just drop a E190 qith 4 daily flights there, a marketing campaign, and I'm forgetting it. I'm gonna lose some money, but I don't care. itÚs easier like that

OTOH, when the game begins and you are not rich, it's better to take the time of building a broader network of unfilled destinations. It's more work, but profit comes quicker. And that's the alpha & omega of early game : get as much profit as quickly as possible to fuel your growth.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.