Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fleet commonality and bases  (Read 346 times)

Offline KevinIshRomero

• Members
Fleet commonality and bases
« on: November 23, 2015, 02:57:47 PM »
So, I've managed to make a fair profit utilizing "medium" category aircraft. I would like to expand but I'm already using the Saab 2000s and the SSJ100's if I pick up another fleet type say the B737 for a second base an then wanted to expand to long haul flying will the commonality cost kill the airline? From what I've gathered 2-3 is the limit on fleet types to stay in check with commonality cost, is that per base or airline wide? Thanks all. 

Online schro

• Members
Re: Fleet commonality and bases
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 03:09:13 PM »
Airline wide.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »
Don't let yourself be put off by the 4th fleet type. You can still run a very profitable airline with 5 fleet types. Problem is you need a huge amount of each fleet to justify the added expanses. I borrowed money from the bank to start 767 operations with 23 aircraft in a fifth fleet group. It could have worked well if competition didn't drop their prices under a point I was no longer able to sustain the debts. So after 3 years I had a clear bank balance, borrowed the amount needed to terminate all the leases and from one day to another the entire 676 operation was seized, including some profitable routes. After that I spotted a jump in revenue after taxes. So if you do a fifth type, make sure you get money from it otherwise be prepared and able to terminate an entire business.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 11:13:49 AM »
Multiple fleet types is not always a killer. But it kills the unprepared. It kills you at the slightest mistake.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.