Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Unification of Germany  (Read 296 times)

Offline NH2501

• Members
Unification of Germany
« on: November 22, 2015, 03:04:02 PM »
Hi, Everyone!

I am playing at Schonefeld airport since 1967. Recently we have seen unification of both German states.
All prices went sky high for me, like doubled: marketing (no so big problem as I can adjust it), office rent (biger problem) and salaries (the biggest). Of course my ticket prices are the same...
Have got some experience with this? Together with high fuel prices this gives me a lot of red in my books...

Thanks,
Hubert

Offline ANstar

• Members
Re: Unification of Germany
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 05:54:37 AM »
I think the costs for staff and taxes are much higher in Germany.  It is a hard country to make a decent profit.

Offline NH2501

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 08:55:13 AM »
I think the costs for staff and taxes are much higher in Germany.  It is a hard country to make a decent profit.

I'm well aware of that. I'm from Poland - I lived it through after transformation and I cannot say it's not a problem.

But I would like to have a game balanced somehow. And I survived not even a year after unification because of prices changes. I think is somehow unfair in game terms...
I hoped to see some other players experience about a game play started in Eastern Germany.

H.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 09:12:33 AM »
Well, you have to adjust your prices accordingly. And demand changes a lot in troubled times, so there are probably routes to change.

My tickets prices from London City to Rotterdam are far higher than from Corfu to Skopje, despite the distance being inferior. Richer people can afford bigger prices. The difference is especially steep when your RI is low and you're flying high-density seats, but it's even present with 90 RI and standard seats.

In case of big change(good or bad, I had an opponent in Warsaw & Hamburg collapsing recently), check all your routes, increase prices of everything above 90% LF, and be prepared to decrease prices for some lines under 60% LF(though it's not automatic here. For some specific short lines with a lot of opposition, a price war can be even worse than lower LF - and is not gonna hurt your opponents much anyways).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.