Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How big is the CI impact through firing staff?  (Read 462 times)

Offline vortex787

• Members
How big is the CI impact through firing staff?
« on: November 21, 2015, 11:48:53 AM »
Hey there,

I forgot to keep an eye on my personnel office and just checked where my money is flowing. Turns out I have around 25% more staff than needed, especially pilots and technical staff.
How big would be the impact hitting my CI and staff morale if I'd decide to fire them and get back to 100%? We are talking about around 4k employees that are about to be thrown out of my company.

edit:

I bit the bullet and CI dropped from 90 to around 40. That's okay. However I kept most of the pilots and retrained them to bigger aircraft. :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:17:17 PM by vortex787 »

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Re: How big is the CI impact through firing staff?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 12:34:11 PM »
Don't forget that it doesn't just affect the CI - you need to look at the morale of the individual staff groups. You will find some are now quite low and you may suffer extra delays and cancellations which MAY prevent your CI from climbing as quickly as it otherwise would.

I once did this - fired a lot of staff in one go and after the initial CI hit there seemed to be a vicious-circle and it kept falling (very gradually) for many months before it began to recover.

Since then I take a gentler approach. I fire no more than 2% or 3% of any one staff group at a time and then wait a couple of months for the morale to recover before firing more.  I've no idea if I save or lose money doing it this way but it just "seems" better.

Offline vortex787

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »
Since then I take a gentler approach. I fire no more than 2% or 3% of any one staff group at a time and then wait a couple of months for the morale to recover before firing more.  I've no idea if I save or lose money doing it this way but it just "seems" better.

Hi knobbygb,

you may be right about that. It was my own fault that I let it slip. I keep replacing smaller with larger aircraft for months (ingame time) but never checked the personnel office. The money I am getting for not paying off-duty-pilots now goes directly to a worldwide marketing campaign. I can see my CI increasing already! The drop in passengers was huge though. I have definitely learned from my mistakes!

Online tdf42

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 09:08:30 PM »
I know this has been asked but why cant we decide on staffing levels our own selves? I would love to set levels at say 102% for some groups while keep at 100% for others. Each time you hire it would never go above that and would avoid the over staffing problem like he had which has happened to me more than once.

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 11:25:08 PM »
You can, turn off automatic salaries in the settings page

Online tdf42

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 10:57:22 AM »
You missed my point. I do not want to go back and forth turning staff settings on and off.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 01:38:12 PM »
You missed my point. I do not want to go back and forth turning staff settings on and off.

And if you pay more staff than needed to run your airline, you are missing the point of being a profitable capitalist

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 12:52:10 PM »
It happens to me regularly.  I bite the bullet,
1. set staff to 100%, then set staff to auto recruit again.
2. raise salaries by 3%.
3. increase marketing budget by 25-50% for three months.

There is the balancing function but it's tough to make work properly, needs Auto-Recruit OFF before moving aircraft, then I forget to turn it on again, and there's always one or two staff get added later to serve the additional office work.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.