Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Income Statement - Maintenance  (Read 241 times)

Offline Shmant

• Members
Income Statement - Maintenance
« on: November 15, 2015, 12:10:52 PM »
It would be good if the income statement would separate line maintenance (A and B Checks) to heavy maintenance (C and D Checks) so that I would get a good idea of how much I'm spending a week on the two types of maintenance.

Offline Shmant

• Members
Re: Income Statement - Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 05:54:11 PM »
Looks like most people are in agreement. Sound like a new idea for the future of AWS sami?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 06:17:21 PM »
No plans to change the system for now.

Offline schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 08:38:05 PM »
So, from a big picture perspective, that's a bit of a waste of time. You're so wildly profitable in the game that maintenance costs really aren't a big deal. Generally, if your planes are under 24 years old, then check costs tend to increase as capital cost (ownership and/or lease costs) decrease and they more or less balance each other out. Once you get past the 24 year mark, costs start increasing on a logarithmic basis and will bankrupt you pretty quick.

That being said, as an operator of small regional airlines, I've never found much of a reason to dig deeper into the MX numbers as they really aren't material to the operation of an airline. Therefore, breaking them out will just give others more confusion and delay about their meaning...

Offline Andre

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 11:44:45 PM »
I'd like to see this if the maintenance costs are calculated on a flight hours / cycles basis, and not purely on age of the aircraft. In the real world an aircraft can still be worth operating at 35 or 40 years old, flying it when needed. It could still have many cycles or flight hours left in it. Then a more detailed view of the maintenance costs would be a nice addition.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.