Vote for the next mini-game

Started by Sami, November 10, 2015, 05:31:21 PM

matty_clark

What about a game where you can only use 1 fleet ie boeing or a really fast game covering alot of game years but in a short real world time?......

11Air

1. If these short games for experienced players they should be cheaper because they are SHORT. Same price as a long game doesn't make sense.
    Same applies if they are introduction games (with easier rules) for beginners.

2. The short games should be a chance to work out strategies for the next long game, so start date and aircraft mix as per the next long game start please.

3. Most of these short games have EASY scenarios which are actually far too easy, not really providing any training to the beginner and of no use to the more experienced.

4. The short games are often under subscribed too (making them even easier) so adjust the Pax Nos in relation to the number of active airlines, or aircraft, so the difficulty level stays constant. That way I can work out whether I'm doing the wrong thing, wrong planes, etc or someone is pinching my Passengers.

5. Regional scenarios will suit beginners, and those regular players who always like to play in one continent (like me). But I wouldn't bother with Regional now as it's the long range stuff I'm useless at.

Thanks for a great game by the way. Do take the above as my attempts to help you get better. I'm happy if you ignore all of them.
11Air

DutchBlond

Thanks for getting to be involved in the games for the players!

I agree, something very different. Designated areas restricts players, and they tend to come from that area. Some players  leave others at a dis-advantage, not only due to their skills, but playing the same scenarios.

How about we go for a World area, Long Haul Aircraft, current day, or recently last 5 years with onset of new major Aircraft A380, 787, A345 now plying many real times routes (I fly often worldwide on Business)
It would also reflect the modern Market, with Arab Airline rise, EU carriers in costs problems, and the opportunity to travel worldwide for the least ever.

Can we also incorporate Premium Economy please as an option, it has been around with some carriers for 10 years now, and becoming in the real world on?
It would also mean more people able to play their game, in more places, and spread through The World rather into a densse and limiting area.

So, Worldwide, large jets only, current real times-ish dates, cargo, and Premium Economy options.

this would be different, new, ground breaking with our new real time aircraft, and allow an equal footing for many to play.
Currently, the same players, great experts dominate the games played.
This would involve players from ALL world places.
Sami, the devlopment of the game is fantastic much effort over many years.
But to support you, 2/3rds leave by the end of each game, which strikes as less revenue for you.
Some of us have little time to play for months at a time, i myself flying around the world on business in real time, and cannot commit to long term games as easily.

So, worldwide, would allow you to generate more income, allow more players, more areas, different densitys (eg Australasia will always generate a maximum level compared to N America. You would have more players not pushed out, mor included, .
Thanks for inviting the input.

If not Asia and Australasia in some form?

Maarten Otto

Big jets only?  People will loose interest pretty soon.

coppinpr

you want unusual and a challenge how about making the political situation in an area play a large part. try, the far east 1945 to 1995, this gives you  the collapse of the Japanese empire, the masses of troop movements during the U.S occupation and the Korean war.flight/air space restrictions for the Vietnam war, Cambodia, communist China. The lack of aircraft and types  from 1945 to 1955, emerging markets(especially short haul) like the Phillipeans, the pacific islands and Malaysia plus the break up of the British Empire changing demand and the closing some airports and the opening of many others through those years.

Cammellodacorsa

No matter what kind of scenario, in my dreams there will be a scenario long 20 max 25 years not to handle 2.000 airplanes.
Let's say longer double the beginner scenario.

If there will be two starting, maybe we could have at least one not too much crowded! :-)

NovemberCharlie

Quote from: Mr Yoda on November 10, 2015, 11:37:16 PM
Whole world GW between 2000 and 2020 but only "Very Big Aircraft" allowed to be used (A330, B747, A380, B777 etc)
I vote for this one too

LotusAirways

Fully free basing, high pax demand, 1960-1990.

tise1983

if free basing, then no alliances...jmo
but i like the bases anywhere

CarlBagot

Soviet metal only  8),  let the Il-86 wars begin!!

msv

I am a big fan of airwaysim. So I would like to add some points that I think management may consider for the following game.

1. First of all, Please increase the passenger demand for Asian countries such as India, Indonesia etc. Countries such as India has a     numerous number of both International and domestic airports. India is very much short of passenger demands. In real these airports plays a major role in international airport system.

2. Some airports are oversupplied with demands such as Johannesburg, Beunos Aires etc. In the current world, the demand for these airports are at an average pace. Please stick to that.

3. Please do increase the demand for shorthaul destinations rather than longhaul.

Beyond these, airwaysim is the leader in online airline management game, that's why many like me are addicted to these :)

msv

I would like to add one more point

Please ensure the availability of connection flights. For example, Beijing to Sao Paulo is fairly a very long destinations from each other. So connecting these with another airport with good pax demand  for both the mentioned airport allows the carrier to fly larger aircraft with more passengers.
So please add the option of Connecting flights

avi8or

Quote from: msv on November 14, 2015, 06:53:10 AM
I would like to add one more point

Please ensure the availability of connection flights. For example, Beijing to Sao Paulo is fairly a very long destinations from each other. So connecting these with another airport with good pax demand  for both the mentioned airport allows the carrier to fly larger aircraft with more passengers.
So please add the option of Connecting flights

You a mean a hub and spoke system instead of a point to point system? I can imagine that this is extremely difficult to code, as the whole system is very dynamic and depends on so many factors.

sam12t

Hi,
I would like to be able to play an future game, 2015-2030, everything allowed, that would be cool because I have been  waiting 10 weeks and will have to wait another 10 weeks for the 1995-2030 game to be over, which I am hoping to join the next one.
Thanks for the game.

Sami

Thanks for voting everybody. The next minigames will be #1) Regional Challenge and #2) Cross the Pond.

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,61722.0.html

Yola

Hi Sami

:) when does Early days come to an end?

Sami

You can see that from the game area front page  .. still 13 days and a bit more to go.

tise1983

Since there willl be limitations on A/C types, will the types that are available have increased production rates?

tise1983

11Air

Monopoly Commission Game.  No airline may provide more than 50% of route demand, hold more than 30% od airport slots.
Let the little guys compete with the Dominant players (bless them with hot pokers).