Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Alliance 'Pros and Cons'?  (Read 431 times)

Offline Jazza

• Members
Alliance 'Pros and Cons'?
« on: November 09, 2015, 10:36:02 AM »
JazzAir2There is thinking of joining an Alliance. Can any airline CEO's in an Alliance, give me some 'Pros an Con's' too joining one if there are any?

and or Starting an Alliance?

Or just anyone with any Alliance experience?

Many Thanks

Online wildavidson

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Alliance 'Pros and Cons'?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 11:04:35 AM »
The main benefit of being part of a busy alliance is the connections made with other (potentially more experienced) players which can help you develop your game. In my first game world I thought I was doing OK but I learned more within and hour of joining my first alliance than I have done in any point of the game. I believe most alliances have skype channels or similar to give real time help but having the backing of a strong alliance can be a massive help. It is also good when it comes to growth as from experience larger airlines within alliances find them in a position to order planes for other members in their alliance and either sell or lease cheap (but within alliance guidelines) to allow them to grow quicker. There is also supposed to be a gain in passenger numbers but from experience this is not a game changer.

The only downsides are the cost (normally 1% of ticket revenue) but really if the cost is an issue then you have bigger worries than joining an alliance and to be fair the cost ids value for money for the help you get. There can also be cases where your airline bay be targeted by other competing alliance members but if your airline is strong then that should not be an issue.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Alliance 'Pros and Cons'?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 12:10:32 PM »
It is also good when it comes to growth as from experience larger airlines within alliances find them in a position to order planes for other members in their alliance and either sell or lease cheap (but within alliance guidelines) to allow them to grow quicker.

That : if you buy me 30 TU204, I'll buy you 30 E190. And we'll switch. I'll have 60 TU204 & you'll have 60 E190 in the time needed for getting 30.(both are roughly the same price, and people flying them shall not be direct opponents)

Unthinkable outside an alliance. Borderline with the rules and the spirit, but widely practiced. Of course, useful only if you are wealthy enough for buying more planes than the seller can manufacture.

The rest, alliance cost, passengers boost, that's trinkets. Don't even look there. And replace those TU204 with MAX9 or A321neo before fuel prices kill you. Alliance partners can buy you some to hasten the replacement.....(I don't think you're currently flying TU204. It's just for the example).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.