Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Seat load factor way below available demand  (Read 286 times)

Offline mark320

• Members
[-] Seat load factor way below available demand
« on: November 09, 2015, 10:01:26 AM »
I am having very low seat factors where demand is about 230 but I am only getting 60 ish passengers per flight with premium seating, normal pricing 100 RI. I am flying several flights like this and have no issues with the others.

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/X/EGNX/KPHL/

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/X/KPHL/EGNX/

I cannot paste my route performance page, but LF is between 60% and 70%

Can I get some assistance?

Regards,

Mark320
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:50:32 PM by sami »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Seat load factor way below available demand
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 12:13:03 PM »
Too small plane? I'm not in your game, but if I go there with my 737, I'm gonna be punished hard.

And I guess you don't have a tech stop either.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Seat load factor way below available demand
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 01:50:28 PM »
You are flying a narrow-body aircraft on a very long route cross the pond. Not advisable.

Offline mark320

• Members
Re: [-] Seat load factor way below available demand
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 05:11:43 PM »
As I said, I have many other routes like this and even longer with nowhere the load factor with even less demand.

So it cannot be the reason. Something wrong somewhere.

Offline mark320

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 08:45:44 PM »
Sami,

As I said, I have other routes, with less demand, worse seating and flying further (eg. EGNX-CYUL) with the same aircraft which do not exhibit the same LF. (approx 70%)

It is not even near the A321NEO max range!

Can you at least please check it and not dismiss it as not a bug?!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:48:24 PM by mark320 »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 09:00:38 PM »
It is not a bug. Your plane is too small for such a big line with so much demand. On smaller lines, passengers will accept a small plane. Not on a big line.

Offline mark320

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 10:06:58 PM »
I have routes with the same approx demand, same plane, even longer distance etc.

Strange, 2 hours ago (2 game days) an other route has dropped LF by over 40% without doing anything?

It would make sense if you have competition (not even) but with no flights operating and a potential demand of 240 pax a day, 200 won't travel because it's an A321 configured in premium economy and lie flat J class?!

Go tell that to BA on the A318 from LCY, QR DOH-LHR A319, Continental B757 to DUS, Jetblue LAX-JFK A321, AA A321 same route etc. and the launching of the A321LR (which is missing from this simulation)

Point remains, it's only on this route I am having dismal LF

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 02:23:06 AM »
If you're getting the "plane is too small" warning on any given route, you should be prepared to be on the receiving end of a nerf cannon. Yes, they will work for a period of time, but as time marches on, the appropriate plane for a given demand * route distance grows bigger, and when you hit a certain point, out comes the nerfing you are experiencing.

For the PHL route, you really need demand to be under 150-175 or so in order for any A32x aircraft to work.

Yes, you can point to real life examples of how other airlines are flying it. The too small game mechanism was introduced to prevent folks from spamming long haul routes with narrowbodies, as narrowbodies cost less per mile to operate and will shred widebodies on longer routes. The other issue is that most planes in this game have longer than life ranges as they're measured in still air instead of considering wind or any other routing factors. So, it's more of a game mechanics thing to make the game more playable than it is a realism decision....

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 06:47:58 AM »
As said Schro, IRL, you've got a few of them, but it's exceptions, not the rule. You can make money by playing smart, but, as IRL, playing with B737/A320 where bigger planes would suit is a very dangerous game(that I'm playing often, but with a risk).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.