Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Mentor needed  (Read 1551 times)

Online Andre090904

• Members
Re: Mentor needed
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 03:24:37 PM »
Okay, another question. But before, the still unanswered question from yesterday:

1) How do these ABCBA routes work? I couldn't find anything in the manual under "routes". Or maybe I am just blind.

2) I have accidentally leased the wrong aircraft. Is there any way of terminating the lease contract?

Thanks! :)

Offline wildavidson

• Members
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2015, 03:48:15 PM »
Okay, another question. But before, the still unanswered question from yesterday:

1) How do these ABCBA routes work? I couldn't find anything in the manual under "routes". Or maybe I am just blind.

2) I have accidentally leased the wrong aircraft. Is there any way of terminating the lease contract?

Thanks! :)
1 - Not available in game. You can stop over but not pick up or drop of passengers.

2- You can cancel the lease but there is a minimum lease period. It tells you how long when you lease the aircraft but the longer the lease, the longer the minimum duration. Once you have had the plane for that length of time you can terminate the lease by paying an early termination fee (think its 50% of remaining lease value)

Online Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 04:06:50 PM »
I see, thanks. I have accidentally leased a DC-9-51 for 2.5 years. It was quite late yesterday and I must have been confused. Only wanted a DC-9-21. Well...

Now I am flying a route with technical stop, but I doubt it'll pay out. If so, it would be a lucky coincidence. There isn't anything else in reach I could use that DC-9-51 for...

Thanks for your answer!

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2015, 05:10:19 PM »
Flying the 51 nonstop with a load restriction might be better.... How many seats do you lose to do that according to the editor?

Online Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 05:48:13 PM »
I am flying Split - Beirut - Ryadh with 120 seats (12% booked atm, but it's just a few days old)

If I were to fly this route non-stop, I'd have 54 seats. There is also the option to fly to Jeddah which is slighlty closer. Then, I'd have 88 seats already (instead of 120). Same goes for Kuwait. Both have a demand of 100, Ryadh 110.

I am afraid there is no other alternative for monopoly routes within 2000NM. If I had to pick routes with competition, it'd be Dublin probably. That would be doable without tech-stop, but demand is 100 with someone flying this route already for ages. Same goes for Paris, Vienna or Amsterdam.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2015, 12:00:56 PM »
That's the only case where luxury seating makes sense. You're not gonna sell a lot of seats, so sell them costly. It's not as good in terms of income, but at least it's doable. Tech stop has a plain 40% demand penalty, and it's really a PITA. If demand is, let's say, 110-4-0, you want those 4. So make a seating with 4 business & 50 economical; to reap the maximum of benefits of that line where you can carry only 54 people.

The best thing to do, however, is to have the proper plane for the job. Extremely long range can be fun, and make some money, but it's clearly not a game-winner. The kind of things I did describe in the first paragraph is really dark moves, with a high risk, and a low reward. And needs tons of micromanagement. I'd go for Jeddah or Kuweit, in your case, and keep Ryadh for a plane with longer legs. Without tech stop. The only tech stop I have is between LCY & JFK, and that's just for roleplay purposes. Economically, it's a bad joke.

Online Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2015, 03:03:35 PM »
Thank you very much for your insights, it's an interesting read! That sure sounds like an alternative.

Today, I saw that a competitor in Stockholm went bankrupt. He was flying to my 2nd base Dubrovnik where there is a demand of 75. I cancelled that Ryadh route, rebased my aircraft in Dubrovnik and am now flying to Stockholm. Since the DC-9-51 had 120 economy seats and the demand isn't given, I switched to Premium seating (84 seats). This is especially important for the 2nd leg which is to London-Gatwick. There is already someone on this route, but I hope to steal some passengers with decent prices and better seating. Still better than Ryadh I guess...

Online Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2015, 04:48:52 PM »
New question: Where can I cancel lease contracts?

Online freshmore

• Members
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2015, 06:19:56 PM »
Normally on aircraft page with all the aircraft detail, need to serve minimum lease period before cancellation. The longer the lease the longer the minimum period.

Online Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 06:25:45 PM »
I guessed so, thanks. Where can I see the minimum lease period once the aircraft is leased?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.