Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Big airlines  (Read 537 times)

Offline Matt Elphick

• Members
Big airlines
« on: November 04, 2015, 03:48:52 PM »
I have a decent airline in BG1 and am based at gatwick. It was all running well until an already established big airline came in from Heathrow and took out all the demand and it was really hard to get anywhere.

I think that there should be a limit in size of base airports or fleet size especially in begginers world to give begginers a chance to experiment and enjoy the game without huge airlines upsetting your plan.

Offline Helix

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Big airlines
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 04:08:28 PM »
you could turn your statement around:

I think that there should not be a limit in size of base airports or fleet size especially in begginers world to give begginers a chance to experiment and enjoy the game without huge airlines an artificial limit upsetting your plan.

I know you dont like that someone came in and established himself at your airport but:

1) there are likely lots of other big airports you can open a base and do the same thing
2) it is still a multiplayer game and even though it is beginners world you still compete against other players at some level.
3) there already is a limit imposed on number of bases and aircraft outside your HQ

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 09:43:04 PM »
I would disagree with Helix. 

The beginner's world is for those who are new to the game and are experimenting with some of the most basic concepts.  The fact that that kind of competition exists in full game worlds is a non-starter since the beginner's world is designed precisely so those new to Airway Sim can experiment freely and ease into the simulation. 

Will there be competition on routes?  Well, of course!  But, I don't believe it's necessary to have "big established airlines" stomping around in other beginner's headquarters and draining all demand just because they can.  I would put forward that hub bases in the beginner's worlds should be limited to only cities that do not currently contain a headquarters of another airline. 

The full game worlds are available to those beginners who want the next challenge in competition.   

Offline mikebravo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 11:32:23 PM »
I would put forward that hub bases in the beginner's worlds should be limited to only cities that do not currently contain a headquarters of another airline. 

++1
However, I would twist the sentence to be more fair: " I would put forward that hub bases in the beginner's worlds should be limited to only cities that do not currently contain the headquarters or hubs of the same airline."

Offline bdnascar3

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 01:08:04 AM »
Disagree.... one of the things the beginner world does, it help train people to be better players. That is hard to do if it is too easy or too unlike the 'real' game. and then when they go into a current game, they are unprepared to create a viable airline. Also we need to define "big" airline. is it just a new player who built a large airline, or an experienced player playing in BW.

Offline Evilthunderzone

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 03:44:55 AM »
As a new player I don't want there to be a limit on how big my airline can grow if there is not one in the real world. How can i learn the problems of a big airline if I'm limited to a small one in bw. There is airline tycoon if you don't want human competition

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 05:56:31 PM »
If BW was hard because someone came in your base then maybe get a mentor to get you through the basics of the game since that shouldnt be possible.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.