Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Should you overstaff?  (Read 480 times)

Offline flyboyzz1

• Members
Should you overstaff?
« on: October 30, 2015, 09:54:41 PM »
If moral is 100% is there any benefit to overstaff certain positions to avoid delays?  I.E Ground crew, pilots and FA's?  Does overstaffing office staff increase job performance if moral is 100%? 

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Re: Should you overstaff?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 03:11:09 AM »
Short answer, no.

But...

If you're staffed 100% now, and don't do anything, you may or may not end up understaffed in some back-office positions later because the system suddenly decides you need more Route Strategy staff, and you end up with delays due to lack of staff.

Offline flyboyzz1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 04:30:01 AM »
Wouldn't auto staffing take care of that?

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 05:08:04 AM »
Yes, it does. And autostaffing does overstaff a bit in some employee groups.

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 08:29:08 PM »
Yes, it does. And autostaffing does overstaff a bit in some employee groups.

it does 101% to be exact, so as long as a group is below 49 req. people, it stays at 100%, but as soon as you have 50, you will always have at least 1 person more than required

Offline jjj

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 10:38:51 AM »
Nice observation :)

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 12:37:10 PM »
It's just another of those tough parts of the game.  Mess with it and your airline can take a bit hit, financial and rating wise.
With more then one base it gets real tough to move aircraft between bases, find them routes, get everything stable again, without leaving the aircraft's old staff at the old airport and employing a new bunch at the new airport.  There is the facility in the game to BALANCE staff between bases.  It's a bit basic, no relocation package for the staff that move, and it has some glitches that make it tough to manage.  My usual practice is to turn off the Auto Recruit before I move the aircraft.  Sequence then is:-
1. Turn Off the Auto Recruit Personnel
2. Move the aircraft and set up the new routes.
3. Go to the personnel page and Balance your personnel in each affected area.
4. Turn ON the Auto recruit.  If you don't then some of the necessary personnel, in odd departments, don't get recruited straight away so you end up short of staff, which costs you.

I have requested an automatic feature to move staff with the aircraft but it's not high on Sami's list.  I'd like to see it because I've got in a mess most times I've moved aircraft by forgetting to turn Auto Recruit back on again, and because if I got moved I'd want relocation expenses at least.

11Air of Elven Air and Spectrum Alliance.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.