Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airport Slots  (Read 245 times)

Offline Shmant

• Members
Airport Slots
« on: October 28, 2015, 07:16:26 PM »
When looking at the available slots for an airport the numbers kind of confuse me. For example, at my base at Dallas - Fort Worth, the capacity is 58 departures per hour. When I look at the slots chart, I see numbers, obviously 58 or below 58 if some slots are taken in a certain hour.
This part confuses me though: When you click on a certain time period, like 5:00 - 6:00, you get the average slots per five minutes, which are 4.83 or something. How come I have been able to get about 20 departures at exactly 5:00 when it only shows 4.83 (before any slots are taken).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:22:10 PM by Shmant »

Offline Shmant

• Members
Re: Airport Slots
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:22:48 PM »
So I take it that everyone is just as confused as I am?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 11:31:00 PM »
The hourly slots are not fixed on the 5 minute blocks throughout the hour. Each 5 min block can have a "overdraft" from other sections of that same hour, up to a certain limit (given that the hour still has capacity left).

The route editor will always tell exactly if the slots are available, while the slots page may be a bit more inaccurate when there are plenty of slots still available (but exactly accurate when it's down to the last few ones).

Offline Shmant

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 07:17:37 PM »
Ah OK then

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.