Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: scheduling ultra long haul  (Read 429 times)

Offline minerva

• Members
scheduling ultra long haul
« on: October 27, 2015, 08:39:02 PM »
I've noticed that one of my competitors has an ultra long haul route that, with tech stop, amounts to 24 hours to the destination and another 24 hours back, and yet the route has a single flight number with 6 departures a week all at the same time of the day, M,T,W,T,F,Su.  How does one schedule a route like that?  I'm missing something here, clearly. 

Offline EAS66

• Members
Re: scheduling ultra long haul
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 11:24:23 PM »
Its on different planes with one single flight number. Its called 7 day scheduling. In essence Plane 1 does Monday, Plane 2 Tuesday and so on. Each plane goes to a few destinations and the schedules are shifted to cover each day. Flights to and from the same destination flying at the same time, on different days share flight numbers. So he just set it up neatly to share the numbers (something I'm lazy to do). If you're confused about 7 day flight scheduling look in the forums - there are good tutorials and its really worth it as for the B / C checks you only lose one day from each destination as opposed to losing the whole destination.

Offline minerva

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 02:44:44 AM »
Ah, thanks.  I understand 7 day scheduling; I didn't realize that you can manually change your flight numbers like that.  I've returned to this game after an absence of about 3 years so I'm relearning lots, and finding there has been many changes I need to learn.

Offline EAS66

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »
Also - if you "create another route for the next day" after making the route the flight number is automatically the same.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 12:10:34 PM »
I'm even more brutal : I'm right-clicking 7 times on the button and "open in a new tab". As none of the routes is created yet, All the 7 routes are ready to be done with the same number. Just make sure none of them overlap in terms of days, and it works.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.