Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Noise Rating Warnings  (Read 174 times)

Offline 11Air

• Members
[-] Noise Rating Warnings
« on: October 08, 2015, 09:11:28 AM »
SUMMARY
I have 5yr warning of a noise abatement change in my region but no information on whether hush kits will/might be available for the aircraft I'm operating.

DETAILS
I get a 5yr warning of proposed noise rating changes which is great BUT
for a noise reduction of -1 rating I get no information on which aircraft will have an upgrade kit available by then.

1. It's fairly critical for me to take time to restructure my fleet economically and that requires info on which aircraft will, or might?, get a hush-kit option.  When the noise notice goes out it would be good to see the noise ratings with an * for those that will have kits, and a # for those that are unlikely to be upgradeable.

At the moment in GW-4 I'm just hoping that my 29 x F27's (Noise 3) will get a kit, I've got most on a 15yr lease and I'll be taking a big hit if I've got this wrong.
I've cleared out my 12 x N262C's which would are Noise 4 so would need a -2 hush Kit. Again that replacement has been expensive and I have nothing to go on to decide whether they'll actually get a hush Kit or not.

Please note the feature request is closed so I couldn't post there. my apologies for posting here though it is an issue if not a bug.
Thanks for a great game.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:50:29 PM by sami »

Offline freshmore

• Members
Re: Noise Rating Warnings
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »
It's not an issue for you, it is only Chapter 2 Cert coming in and all your aircraft a Chapter 2 aircraft. Therefore you don't need to worry. On the other note, everyone gets info about noise regulation regardless of the aircraft you operate. If you operate in that area you will get warnings regardless of what Chapter your aircraft are

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Noise Rating Warnings
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 01:49:38 PM »
There are no chapter 1->2 hushkits. The only ones are chapter 2 -> 3 and they all will be available about 5 yrs before the first chapter 3 regulation is actually implemented. (last ch3 hushkit avlb 1995 and first ch3 regulation active in 2000) ..Not a bug.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.