Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Stuck company image  (Read 363 times)

dar1474

• Former member
Stuck company image
« on: October 07, 2015, 05:07:19 PM »
So from the start of my game I have had quite a bit of marketing, and my company image slowly ramped up to 50.  However, now it is stuck there.  It's been stuck at 50 for almost 2 months.  I have a national campaign with newspaper and radio and local one with TV.  How can I get me image to rise more?

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: Stuck company image
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 05:52:20 PM »
Hi there,

Essentially to raise the company image further, you must increase the marketing spend on general campaigns (although it doesn't matter which specific ones: i.e. whether global or national, newspapers or television). 50 is a good company image depending on the type of operation you have and which class of passengers you wish to attract. A good rule for a new airlines is not to spend more than 10% of your revenues on marketing.

Hope this helps.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 08:05:15 PM »
If you operate aircraft smaller than 100 seats you will not get above CI=30, more recently that seems to be 20, even with a couple of B737's.
I expect the same thing to apply to to aircraft fleet generally up to 250? seats.
It's Sami's way of keeping the game biased toward the big aircraft/players rather than Flybe type operations. Tough on new players.

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 11:56:03 PM »
If you operate aircraft smaller than 100 seats you will not get above CI=30,

'Not True!!!!   To increase CI you MUST continuously increase marketing. I've run f27 airlines and gotten my CI to 90+

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 12:22:15 AM »
If you operate aircraft smaller than 100 seats you will not get above CI=30, more recently that seems to be 20, even with a couple of B737's.
I expect the same thing to apply to to aircraft fleet generally up to 250? seats.
It's Sami's way of keeping the game biased toward the big aircraft/players rather than Flybe type operations. Tough on new players.

Not true.

Perhaps you didn't understand when the vets saying that with a small plane type airline, you don't need a ci higher than 30.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 10:26:36 AM »
So, it begins to dawn on me that CI is related to SPEND on Advertising. Nothing to do with how well I run the airline, or age of aircraft. Just Money Money.
A year later and I still haven't found quite how this works out as I tend to small and medium planes, 20 to 70 seaters, and find CI's of 20 to 30 are fine if there's no serious competition.  If I do get into routes between major airports then I'm going to get hammered if I don't keep the planes on that route up to standard, protecting the RI rather than worrying overmuch about CI.  This will usually happen when the bigger players have filled the big routes and are looking for profits on the next level down and with money to throw at taking command of those routes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:06:50 PM by 11Air »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »
So, it begins to dawn on me that CI is related to SPEND on Advertising. Nothing to do with how well I run the airline, or age of aircraft. Just Money Money.

It is a combination of spend, time and campaign selections to make it go up. Operational things on how you run the airline tend to subtract from the ci you earn from the above combination.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.