Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] DC8 too small??  (Read 318 times)

Offline Dasha

• Members
[-] DC8 too small??
« on: September 27, 2015, 08:51:05 AM »
When planning I got this message:

I think this is a bug because I cannot think of any reason why a DC8 with about 200 seats would be considered too small on a route with about 300 demand.

Anybody?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:49:40 PM by sami »
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline schro

• Members
Re: DC8 too small??
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 01:35:18 PM »
Because it is too small ;-).

It's a narrow body plane with an average fleet seat capacity of many of the new short haul jet families. If the dc8 isn't too small for that route then the 733 and md80s will be considered just fine in that case.

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 01:37:32 PM »
The question is not 200 pax cabin vs 300 pax demand.
The issue is cabin width -- traveling time.

In this case you have a single isle airplane travelling for 10 hours or so. A bit like doing Moscow-Toronto on a A320. It is normal that the DC8 gets a small warning message/penalty vs a say DC10 (double isle) or a B747.

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 03:06:01 PM »
So why don't I get the message on San Francisco? Which is even further? Or on any of my other routes...

The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 06:21:42 PM »
So why don't I get the message on San Francisco? Which is even further? Or on any of my other routes...

The warning depends on distance AND demand. Thus, for a route with 200 demand, the dc8 will be fine. For 300 it won't be. Keep in mind that the yardstick changes over time as well. Ie you might be fine now at 250 demand with the dc8 but you won't be in 5 years.

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 06:20:15 AM »
Alright. I guess I know then :) Thanks

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.