Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Etiquette on leasing aircraft  (Read 433 times)

Offline Atlantische Zeiler

• Members
Etiquette on leasing aircraft
« on: September 22, 2015, 11:13:18 PM »
Hello,

I was just wondering what the etiquette was with regards to leasing aircraft from other in-game airlines.
For example, is it frowned upon to lease an aircraft from another airline for, say, 1.5 years if the D check expires in 1.6 years?

Just curious.

Thanks

Online schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Etiquette on leasing aircraft
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 12:49:40 AM »
If you have no working relationship with the other airline CEO, then I think it's fine to do such shenanigans. If the plane you're pumping and dumping isn't a very popular one and you can easily replace in the used market, then go for dumping it. Keep in mind that more popular models are difficult to replace especially at the 8 year mark for the type.

However, when I'm leasing to/from folks that I have a working relationship with (i.e. within my alliance or an in-game "friend") then I'll typically return planes with a decent amount of D check left, or if they're destined to be scrapped, i'll send them a message with a heads up so they don't get auto d-checked by the system. I expect the same in return when I'm leasing to folks I know. As for the open market, I expect to get hosed :-).

Offline Atlantische Zeiler

• Members
Re: Etiquette on leasing aircraft
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 02:11:52 AM »
Brilliant. Thanks so much for the response!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.